3 ingredient recipe
Fast + uncomplicated: delicious spinach cannelloni
Fancy a healthy and uncomplicated lunch or dinner? You only need three ingredients to make these spinach cannelloni.
These simple spinach cannelloni are prepared in a quick 15 minutes and can then be baked in the hot oven until golden brown – the 3-ingredient recipe is ready.
Frozen spinach is used for this recipe. This is not only extremely practical to store, but also healthy: Because frozen spinach, like the fresh version, contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and secondary plant substances.
In winter, it is worth switching from fresh to canned tomatoes when cooking. They are made from tomatoes that have been allowed to ripen for a long time – this means they have a high lycopene content. This secondary plant substance gives the vegetables their red color and is said to have a slightly mood-enhancing and anti-inflammatory effect.
3-Ingredient Recipe: Easy + Delicious Spinach Cannelloni
The ingredients for two servings:
- 400 g frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 125g cannelloni
- Preheat the oven to 175°C top and bottom heat.
- Brush a small casserole dish with a little olive oil. Using a spoon, fill the thawed and well-squeezed spinach into the cannelloni and place in the casserole dish.
- Place the tomato pieces over the filled cannelloni and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: If you like, you can refine the spinach with spices from stock or some feta before filling the cannelloni. The tomato pieces also get a fiery taste with chili – turmeric, herbs and co. also provide a spicy aroma.
Also try our 3-ingredient recipes for quick shakshuka, pasta cacio e pepe or cheesecake.
Sources used: own research