For inner warmth
This simple winter soup is made from just 3 ingredients
Soothing, filling and unbeatably delicious: soups are simply culinary all-round talents, and this recipe in particular has it all.
Get to the spoons, because it’s finally soup time again. Our warming rescuers on frosty days, when we are haunted by the gray and wet muddy weather, the frosty temperatures and the running nose. Luckily we can always rely on the soul food soup during this time.
The variety ranges from a somewhat unusual cheese and leek soup with minced meat to hearty stews and the popular potato soup. Incidentally, the latter not only tastes good, but also provides precious vitamins, which are also popular as a preventive home remedy for flu. Below we will tell you the recipe for what is probably the fastest and most delicious potato soup made from just three ingredients.
On the table in a flash: Inner soul warmer in the form of potato soup
- 500 g potatoes (floury)
- 2 onions (red)
- 2 ½ liters of vegetable stock
- Wash and peel all potatoes thoroughly
- Cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions and sauté briefly. If you like, you can also deglaze the steamed onions with a sip of wine. This releases flavorings that further intensify the taste.
- In parallel, bring the vegetable broth to the boil in a large saucepan. Then add the lightly sautéed onions and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer the potato soup over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Then puree everything very finely with a hand blender.
- Then season the soup as you like. In addition to salt and pepper, we recommend a pinch of marjoram and nutmeg.
Tip: If you want the soup to be even creamier, you can refine it with a little cream and milk. Fried bacon, classic sausages or homemade croutons fried in butter also tasted good as soup accompaniments. Refined with a little parsley, the soup finally becomes unbeatable.