The perfect snack? Without a doubt! This easy and delicious recipe will delight children and adults alike. Perfect for a family feast.
Obviously, we will not deny that Nutella swallowed directly with a spoon, it is divine. Or even spread it on a piece of fresh baguette. But this recipe is also a blessed gift from the gods, we promise! In combination with a good brioche, the taste of the Italian hazelnut spread is only diminished. That really addicting little chocolate note paired with brioche, it’s simply the perfect combo.
Nutella Cake: Quick and Easy Recipe
In addition to the addicting taste of this Nutella cake, the recipe is also very easy and super fast. It can really be done at the last minute, straight away, because it requires few ingredients and can be prepared in the blink of an eye. So we grab a cake tin, brioche and a jar of Nutella, preheat the oven and call the children to the rescue so that they get their hands dirty (and their fingers in the Nutella)!
You will need these ingredients:
- 9 slices of brioche (or 3-4 milk rolls)
- 180 g of Nutella (or any other spread of your choice)
- 20 g of ground hazelnuts
- A handful of coarsely chopped whole hazelnuts
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml of fresh cream
The steps to prepare the Nutella cake:
1. Cut the brioche into slices and remove the edges. If you can’t find brioche, you can just use milk rolls, the result will be just as good.
2. Combine the eggs and cream in a bowl. In another bowl, you mix the Nutella and the hazelnut powder. If necessary, the Nutella can be reheated a little beforehand so that it has a softer consistency.
3. In a baking dish, which you will have buttered, line the bottom with slices of brioche, then put a layer of egg cream, then the Nutella mixture… and repeat. At the end, sprinkle the whole with crushed hazelnuts.
4. Finally, bake the Nutella cake for 25 minutes at 180 ° C. Serve lukewarm, possibly with a scoop of vanilla to complete the whole.