Once again, Baldur’s Gate 3 has received a nice update to address a certain number of problems. One of them was particularly embarrassing.
That’s it, Baldur’s Gate 3 is in the running for the title of GOTY (or Game of the Year). He found himself propelled into eight categories, and let’s be honest, that’s not really a surprise. The game is of undeniable quality, both in terms of narrative and gameplay. It demonstrates an innovation that has seduced an audience that continually returns to take part in Larian’s adventure. For its part, the studio is responsible for refining its RPG as best as possible. To do this, it regularly deploys patches, and the latest one addresses a major technical problem.
Baldur’s Gate 3 gets refined over time
Please note, this is not as significant an update as the one that brought more than 1000 changes to the title. However, hotfix 11 of Baldur’s Gate 3 still brings its share of small tweaks here and there which will please. Generally speaking, there are no huge changes to the program, except perhaps one very specific one. You may have already suffered from a problematic bug when it comes to romance with a character in Baldur’s Gate 3. This will finally be fixed with this new update, and a handful of fans have already expressed their satisfaction.
The bug therefore impacted the romance scene with Gayle. It’s simple, there were players who saw the sequence take place in a total vacuum. A black hole if you like. So, if you want to enjoy a special moment with this protagonist of Baldur’s Gate 3, you’re missing out. Larian Studios caught wind of the issue, and set about the task as quickly as possible. On the other hand, he has not yet taken the opportunity to eliminate the problem affecting the animations of Astarion’s kisses. Obviously, this will arrive in a future patch at an undetermined date. To be continued.
Hotfix 11 Patch Notes
Here is the complete list of changes implemented by hotfix 11 for Baldur’s Gate 3. As we have already told you, you should not expect a complete overhaul of the experience. However, these are welcome tweaks, and we feel that the studio is taking care of its game. Will that be enough to win the coveted title of GOTY at the Game Awards 2023? We will see this on December 7, 2023.
- Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes get stuck indefinitely after reacting to a spell that hits you with multiple projectiles.
- You can now use soaps found in saves before Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 4.
- Fixed a crash after using a reaction that causes an attack on a dead creature.
- Fixed an issue preventing you from continuing certain dialogues.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting a Long Rest.
- Dominated Followers will now follow the party as intended after loading a save.
- Fixed Gayle’s romance scene taking place in what feels like a complete void.
- Fixed a Dark Pulsion flashback accidentally teleporting you to Lower Town.
- Cursed Skulls in Lady Jannath’s Domain are now vulnerable to Force and Radiant damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing some characters from performing their behaviors.
- Fixed Baldur’s Gate 3 citizens and refugees flailing around or not using the correct animations.
- Fixed some visual artifacts appearing at the camp in relation to Dark Pulsion and Karlach dialogue. This also fixes the bloodstain under Alfira suddenly becoming larger after loading a save.
- Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without needing to trigger dialogue again.
- Fixed an issue where a companion’s nighttime dialogue at camp could be replaced with a different dialogue that failed to trigger on a previous night.