Accident with grave lamp – tragic end: 85-year-old succumbs to injuries

The accident happened to the 85-year-old last Sunday when he was lighting a grave lamp in Hermagor in Carinthia. He spilled pieces of the burning oil over his body.

“The man tried desperately to extinguish the fire on his body in the shower himself, but he only partially succeeded,” the police said. “His brother, alarmed by the barking of the house dog, then immediately called the rescue services.” After the first aid by the emergency doctor and rescue, the 85-year-old was immediately flown by the RK1 rescue helicopter to the Klagenfurt clinic. Despite efforts, the doctors there could not save him, despite all efforts. “The pensioner died on Wednesday as a result of the burns,” the police announced.
source site-12