Applesauce cake with sprinkles
Easy recipe to melt into
Our mouths are watering with this juicy applesauce cake – no wonder, because it not only tastes fantastic, but is also super easy and quick to make!
Ingredients for simple applesauce cake
- 300 g of flour
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 200 g cold butter
- Fat for the shape
- 350 g applesauce
- powdered sugar
Preparation time: 45 minutes + 2 hours cooling time
Applesauce Pie: This is how it's done
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top / bottom heat.
- For the shortcrust pastry, knead the flour, sugar, egg, milk and the cold butter. Place 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of a greased springform pan (26 cm diameter) and pull up a small edge.
- Prick the dough several times with a fork and spread the applesauce evenly on it.
- Use the rest of the batter to make coarse crumbles and spread over the cake. Bake in the preheated base for about 30 minutes.
- Cool the finished applesauce cake and let it set in the refrigerator for about two hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Tips for your applesauce cake
If you want to prepare the dough vegan, you can simply use the egg and milk replace with three tablespoons of applesauce and use vegetable margarine instead of butter. The cake tastes particularly delicious when you add the crumble with 100 grams of chopped almonds mixed together, they'll be nice and crunchy!
Instead of sprinkles, you can decorate the applesauce cake with a grid pattern: Simply roll out the remaining dough into a rectangle and Cut into strips about one centimeter thickwhich you then lay on the cake like a grid. If you like, you can coat the strips of dough with icing after baking.
Applesauce Pie: This is how you can make the purée yourself
With finished applesauce, the cake is ready in no time, but if you have more time, you can also make the sauce yourself. For this you need the following ingredients:
- 6 apples
- Lemon juice
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding powder
- 6 tbsp water
- 40 grams of sugar
That's how it works: Peel, quarter, core and cut the apples into pieces. Steam the apple pieces in a saucepan with a little water and a splash of lemon juice. Let simmer for a few minutes and – depending on the desired consistency – puree to a puree. Finally, mix the pudding powder with six tablespoons of water and 40 grams of sugar and stir into the applesauce to thicken. Then it can be spread on the cake as described above.