Cover image: PAVLO KYRYLENKO / via REUTERS
- A new Russian offensive is being prepared for February 24, a year to the day after Russia invaded Ukraine., assured the Ukrainian Minister of Defense, Oleksii Reznikov, guest on the set of BFM-TV. According to him, “Russia is preparing very seriously for the offensive and for mobilizing 500,000 men”.
- Vladimir Putin will travel to Volgograd on Thursday to celebrate the 80e anniversary of the Soviet victory over the Nazis at Stalingrad.
- The European Union wants to train 30,000 Ukrainian soldiers to help their country face the Russian invasion. This new objective will be formally announced at a summit Ukraine-European Union scheduled for kyiv on Friday. This summit with the Twenty-Seven is an important step, several months after Ukraine obtained the status of official candidate for EU membership.
- Russia warned Israel on Wednesday against possible arms deliveries to Ukraine. Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Wednesday that his country was considering military assistance for Ukraine. “I’m definitely looking into it”, he said on CNN. Mr. Netanyahu has also offered to mediate, if the belligerents and Washington ask him to.
- Ukraine has launched a wave of anti-corruption searches targeting administrations, civil servants and personalities, the authorities ensuring that the fight against embezzlement is a priority in the context of the war effort and Western aid. The European Union has made it a condition for the integration of the country into its ranks.
- Russian journalist sentenced to eight years in prison for allegedly broadcasting ” fake news “. The reporter, who went into exile after the start of the Russian offensive in Ukraine, was found guilty of broadcasting ” fake news ” on social networks concerning the bombing of a maternity ward in Mariupol, for which Moscow denies responsibility.
Find our live yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Testimonials. “Ukraine is today the most mined country in the world. It is said that it will take five years to clear all the territory after the victory”
Factual. In 2022, wind and solar produced more electricity than gas or coal in the European Union
Chronic. “In Ukraine, corruption can undermine the confidence of allies and awaken divisions in the country”
Decryptions. Arms deliveries to Ukraine: several opposition parties call for a debate
To analyse. For some allies of kyiv, the delivery of fighter jets “is no longer a taboo”
Factual. Boris Johnson says Vladimir Putin ‘threatened’ him before Ukraine war started, Kremlin denies
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions