Cosma Shiva Hagen: This is how she deals with sustainability

Cosma Shiva Hagen
This is how she deals with the topic of sustainability

Cosma Shiva Hagen tries to be environmentally conscious – recently in a tiny house.

© IMAGO / Future Image

Cosma Shiva Hagen has been living in a tiny house for a few months. In the interview, she reveals why she decided to do it.

Sustainability and environmental awareness are becoming more and more important for many Germans – including Cosma Shiva Hagen (40). The actress has been focusing on a more conscious way of life for years and even moved into a sustainable tiny house in the corona lockdown. In the interview, Nina Hagen’s daughter (66) talks about life in a small space and how she integrates sustainability into her everyday life.

“A cycle that repairs and gives back”

For Hagen, sustainability means something like “give and take”. “A cycle that repairs and gives back instead of destroying and exploiting,” says the 40-year-old in an interview. In her private life, she tries to live more sustainably and consciously with various habits: “For example, I don’t throw away any food at all. For me, the refrigerator decides what needs to be eaten or used today.” In the cold winter months, she would even turn off the refrigerator completely and cool her groceries in a box in front of the front door.

Sustainability is generally a matter of habit: “Since we are creatures of habit, you first have to re-educate yourself and get used to it. Mostly she doesn’t feel restricted by her sustainable lifestyle, but that also depends on the daily constitution:” People don’t work the same every day – some days you simply have so many personal worries that you can’t think of everything. “

New phase of life in the tiny house

For a few months now, Hagen has been living in a tiny house with 47 square meters of living space. Moving to the mini house was a conscious decision, even if the changeover posed new challenges: “When I was preparing for the move, I felt that 90 percent of my things had already been sold, given away and thrown away When I got to my new home, I realized that that wasn’t enough. ” Of the remaining 10% of your belongings, she then had to muck out half again, says Hagen.

The native American also sees a great advantage in her move. “The less space, the less unnecessary ballast and the less unnecessary ballast, the lighter the luggage,” explains the former restaurateur. Owning many items would take a lot of “time and nerves” if one had to muck them out at some point.

That’s what she loves about her home town of Hamburg

Sustainability is also becoming increasingly important in her hometown of Hamburg. The Alster metropolis managed to place itself in the current Eon ranking “Green Energy Masters” with an above-average green electricity quota and a particularly dense electric car charging network as the greenest region in Germany, ahead of all other federal states. Hagen has already noticed that the city is becoming “greener”: “New charging stations are currently being installed all over the city and most of my Hamburg friends have been using green electricity for a long time – including myself, by the way.”

But she doesn’t know whether Hagen has finally arrived: “I feel at home in Altona. I like the rough edges that this city has to offer, as well as the unconditional contrasts that come together here.” But the actress would prefer to open a small shop on the French Atlantic coast at some point. For this reason, she has not yet disposed of the inventory of her bar: “Let’s see what comes out of it.”

SpotOnNews

Leave a Reply