PQube and Petoons Studio will have taken a long time to give birth to Curse of the Sea Ratsa metroidvania with pirate rats that the developers themselves like to call a “ratoidvania”. Announced in 2020 for a 2021 release, it’s been pushed back several times, but finally just got a theoretically final release date.
It is therefore on April 6, 2023 that Curse of the Sea Rats will appear on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Switch. It deserved a trailer dedicated to the bosses of the game, to face alone or in local co-op up to four.
Curse of the Sea Rats is a “ratoidvania” platform adventure with lovingly hand-crafted animations. Embark on the epic journey of four prisoners of the British Empire, turned into rats by the notorious pirate witch, Flora Burn. To find their human bodies, they will have to fight dangerous bosses, uncover the secrets of the vast Irish coast, and ultimately capture the witch who cursed them.
- Quality graphics and animation:
- Beautiful hand-drawn animations, inspired by classic animated films and the golden age of 2D platformers, combine perfectly with detailed 3D environments to create a 2.5D platformer experience breathtaking.
- Freedom and exploration:
- Determine your progress in a non-linear world and try to find the pirate witch who cast a spell on you. Shipwrecked on the Irish coast in the 18th century, you’ll need more than your swashbuckling skills to fight your way to freedom.
- Four playable characters:
- Discover four playable characters – David Douglas, Buffalo Calf, Bussa and Akane Yamakawa, each bringing a unique playstyle to help you tackle enemies and the environment! Play alone or with up to three friends in local co-op mode.
- Improve and perfect:
- Improve your character’s unique abilities throughout the adventure: unlock new special skills, strengthen your attack and defense, or learn powerful magic!
- A huge adventure:
- A vast network of paths and discoveries awaits you, in a quest with many hours of content. Can you master every character, find every hidden secret, and unlock every ending?
Read also: PREVIEW Curse of the Sea Rats: first impressions of this metroidvania with rats!
|Favorite editor of your favorite editor since 2009, passionate about music that makes boom boom, follower of comic series of all kinds. I’ve played a little too much Pokémon in my life.|
|Follow me :|