INVESTIGATION – New step in the investigation into the death of a filmmaker killed by a revolver that Alec Baldwin was holding on a set last October, the actor handed over his phone to investigators who believe they can find evidence there.
E. Ro with AFP –
It is an object that could contain “proofs” according to investigators. Alec Baldwin gave them his cell phone on Friday as part of the investigation into the death of filmmaker Halyna Hutchins on the set of “Rust” on October 21. While working on a scene with her, the actor killed her by shooting her with a weapon that he had been told was harmless and contained dummy bullets.
All the info on
Alec Baldwin author of a fatal shot during the filming of a western
If the investigators seized the phone of Alex Baldwin, it is because they seek in particular to know how live ammunition could have been on the set, which is in theory formally prohibited. The telephone could in particular contain messages or emails which could constitute “proofs”.
His phone data copied for investigators
Police officers in Suffolk County, New York, where Alec Baldwin handed over his iPhone, will make a copy of the data contained in the device and pass it on to their colleagues in New Mexico in charge of the investigation. , told AFP a spokesman for the sheriff of the county of Santa Fe. But the exchanges with his lawyers and his wife will be excluded, under an agreement concluded between Alec Baldwin and the authorities, specified the door -word.
On Thursday, sheriff’s services explained that negotiations were underway to obtain the actor’s phone due to “jurisdictional matters”.
The actor feels “neither guilty nor responsible”
Last week on his Instagram account, the actor posted a video in which he claimed to be willing to cooperate with the police, calling “lies” the “innuendo” that he was not obeying the requests of the investigators.
No arrests have been made to date in this case, but criminal proceedings are not excluded in the event that responsibilities are established, the services of the Santa Fe prosecutor pointed out shortly after the tragedy.
In an interview with ABC, Alec Baldwin said he felt neither guilty nor even “responsible” of the death of Halyna Hutchins.
On the same subject
The most read articles
EXCLUSIVE – Presidential 2022: discover the results of our daily survey of January 14
“Partygate” in the United Kingdom: “Boris Johnson’s resignation is only a matter of days”
Disabled students: Eric Zemmour’s proposal triggers a new controversy
Covid-19: how some countries are preparing for an end to the health crisis
Covid-19: 3 questions about the deactivation of health passes Saturday January 15
defends the ambition of information
verified and accessible to all thanks to the income of the
To help us keep this service free you can “change your choice” and accept all cookies.
EDIT AND ACCEPT ALL