Flashback – Meghan and Harry: their incognito trip to Monaco for the New Year


Three years ago, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry decided to celebrate the New Year in Monaco. To start the year 2018, they arrived on the Rock in economy class, in the greatest secrecy, but under high protection.

Monaco is very popular with the French. And for good reason: the restaurants and bars are open on the Rock for New Year’s Eve. Many inhabitants of the Côte d’Azur succumb to the temptation to to surrender in Monegasque territory to celebrate the end of the year, despite the health crisis this Friday, December 31, 2021. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were far from imagining that there would one day be such restrictions, when they decided three years ago to go to the Rock to celebrate the New Year.

Without Archie, nor Lilibeth who were not yet born, they could have party… until the end of the night? “Monte Carlo is the party capital at this time of year and the British ‘royals’ had a really good time, a source told Daily Mail. Their credo at the time, when they were not yet married: to have fun while remaining discreet. Arrived on December 31, 2017 in the morning, the couple would be left on January 2, 2018 at 11 a.m., according to the British media, which had explained that even if it was a private trip, France had everything to make this getaway go for the best, twenty years after the death of Prince Harry’s mother, in Paris, Lady Di.

>> Meghan Markle and Harry: their year 2021 in pictures.

© Agency / BestimageMeghan Markle and Prince Harry arriving at Christmas mass on December 25, 2017

Economy class travel

France has them as well, ” Free “, or even imposed the presence of several agents of the Protection Service, the police unit responsible for the security of personalities. However, their trip was secret. It was on a regular British Airways flight in economy class that they arrived in Nice. In the device probably not used to welcoming members of the royal family, Meghan and Harry occupied three rows of six armchairs, according to Daily Mail. The tabloid had collected the testimony of a passenger who said they had traveled with three bodyguards “Tense and tense” while the two star passengers were camouflaged. William’s brother hidden under a cap, the former actress of Suits under a black cap.

A two hour trip, to which we had to add seven minutes by helicopter to join Monaco and their friends who were waiting for them to wake up. Were Princess Charlene and Prince Albert there? Rumors had roared, but nothing had been confirmed, on the contrary. I have no information about it. I don’t know about it at all. It must have been private if it was, but I don’t know at all, it’s news for me, had declared to Daily Mail a spokesperson for the Prince’s Palace of Monaco.

Article written in collaboration with 6Medias

Photo credits: Agence / Bestimage



Source link -109

Leave a Reply