Samsung is far from having said its last word in the world of true wireless headphones. With its new Galaxy Buds2 Pro, the chaebol intends to demonstrate the extent of its know-how and claim a place at the top.
If the first Galaxy Buds Pro of the name did not quite have the stuff of the greatest, the Galaxy Buds2 Pro now have what it takes to claim themselves as such. If we omit the loss of performance on the hands-free kit (too bad…), the second version pushes the listening experience even further, the active noise reduction, the design quality and the duration of use, for an overall very satisfactory result. Not everything is perfect – we think in particular of the lack of versatility of use and the somewhat limited functionalities – but we are getting very close. As before, we will especially recommend these Galaxy Buds2 Pro to Samsung aficionados, who will be able to taste all the features of these headphones.
- Nice sound balance, very deep bass, very ample treble.
- Clean, defined and precise sound.
- Very good reproduction of the stereo scene.
- Neat design, very compact, robust (IPX7 certification).
- High efficiency of active noise reduction.
- Comfortable, good support.
- Extreme bass that overflows a bit, brilliance of the treble a bit too pronounced.
- Performance behind the hands-free kit.
- No full support on iOS, app a bit lacking in customization options.
- More orders would not have been too much.
NB: The reported price drop is calculated by comparing the lowest price of the day with the average of the lowest prices charged by all merchants for the product last month, with security rules to exclude prices from shops whose the VAT policy is not clear (known as “grey” shops, typically in the case of imports from China).
The Gemini are not the slap announced by Devialet and leave some frustrations, but they are far from demerit for all that. The manufacturer’s first headphones barely hit the top mark, greatly helped by their sonic prowess, as well as their very good active noise reduction. Those who want to know the best listening experience and “active” isolation possible on headphones true-wireless will therefore find their happiness here. For certain specific needs (flawless ergonomics or comfort, multipoint connection, etc.), it will certainly be more appropriate to turn to other references on the market, some of which are also less expensive.