GZSZ: Yvonne receives a shock diagnosis from the doctor

“Good times Bad Times”
Yvonne has to cope with a shock diagnosis

Yvonne (Gisa Zach) and Laura (Chryssanthi Kavazi)

© TVNOW / Rolf Baumgartner

Current GZSZ news in the GALA ticker: Will Yvonne Bode go blind soon?

“Good times, bad times” (GZSZ): data and facts

  • The first episode of “Good Times, Bad Times” (GZSZ) was broadcast on May 11, 1992.
  • Filming for GZSZ began on March 16, 1992, initially in the Berlin Union Film Studios in Berlin-Tempelhof.
  • In 1995 the GZSZ crew moved to Potsdam, where filming has been taking place in Babelsberg ever since.
  • In the Babelsberg studio – the oldest film studio in the world – over 5500 broadcast GZSZ episodes have been produced to date.
  • The episodes are always produced seven weeks in advance.
  • “Good times, bad times” runs Monday to Friday at 7.40 p.m. on RTL.

GZSZ: All the latest news about the successful series

23 August 2021

GZSZ-Yvonne now has to learn to live with this diagnosis

Warning, spoilers! Can Yvonne Bode be helped? The role of actress Gisa Zach, 47, had already struggled with vision problems in the last few days. After another attack while driving a car, Yvonne confides in her daughter Laura, played by Chryssanthi Kavazi, 32. She advises her mother to see a doctor urgently. It is too dangerous to continue driving like this.

Yvonne complies with her daughter’s request. In the hospital, she was diagnosed with chronic pigment epithelial syndrome. The doctor informs her that 60 percent of the patients can be cured. But unfortunately the disease leads to blindness in the other 40 percent of patients, according to the specialist.

On Instagram, some fans of the RTL series are outraged. A user writes about the GZSZ scene with Gisa Zach: “Completely unrealistic, nobody gets a specialist appointment so quickly.” Another commenter says the disease doesn’t exist and wonders if it’s okay to make up a disease for drama. In fact, the chronic pigment epithelial syndrome mentioned by the doctor does not exist in this form. There are the Retinopathia centralis serosa (RCS), a comparatively common retinal disease, which, according to ophthalmologists, can also be treated chronically.

The viewers can find out whether Yvonne is one of the 40 percent who go blind: on “Gute Zeiten, Bad Zeiten”, Monday to Friday from 7.40 p.m. on RTL or at any time on TVNOW.

GZSZ news of the past few days

Did you miss any news? You can read last week’s “Good Times, Bad Times” news here.

Sources used: TVNOW “Good times, bad times”, pro-retina.de/netzhautheilungen/rcs-ccs, instagram.com