Cover image: JOHN MACDOUGALL / AFP
- Talks accelerate Tuesday, November 21 for the release of hostages in the hands of Hamas in exchange for a truce in the Gaza Strip where the Palestinian Islamist movement accuses Israel of a deadly strike on a besieged hospital. “ THE [Hamas] delivered his response to the brothers of Qatar and the mediators. We are getting closer to concluding a truce agreement », declared Hamas leader Ismaïl Haniyeh, quoted in a brief message on the Palestinian movement’s Telegram account. The president of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Mirjana Spoljaric, met Monday evening with leaders of Qatar and Mr. Haniyeh, based in the Gulf emirate, in order to“advance on humanitarian issues linked to the armed conflict in Israel and Gaza”.
- “The best guarantee for Israel’s security is the creation of a Palestinian state” declared Monday, November 20, the head of EU diplomacy Josep Borrell after a meeting with the twenty-seven foreign ministers. It is “a fundamental political conclusion” of his discussions in the region, explained the EU’s top diplomat.
- US President Joe Biden said ” believe “ that an agreement was close to release hostages held by Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Families of Israeli children held hostage by Hamas took the UN to task on Monday, urging it to press for their release during a demonstration outside the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Tel- Aviv.
- Twenty-eight premature babies, evacuated on Sunday from a hospital in Gaza City at the heart of the fighting between Israel and Hamas, arrived in Egypt on Monday, the Palestinian Islamist movement accusing Israel of a deadly strike on another besieged establishment. Lined up on stretchers, all wearing the same little green cap, the babies were taken care of in incubators after crossing the border.
- A field hospital, the first of its kind since the start of the war, is to be set up in Khan Younes, south of the enclave.. Health workers from Jordan have entered the Gaza Strip, according to Palestinian medical officials. The Hamas government lists 31,000 injured in the Palestinian territory.
- At least “12 patients and their relatives” were killed and “dozens injured” in Israeli strike on Indonesian hospital, in the northern Gaza Strip, said Ashraf Al-Qidreh, spokesperson for the ministry in the Hamas-administered Gaza Strip. Around 200 patients were evacuated from this hospital, in coordination with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). There are still 400 patients remaining in the facility, he added.
- The Israeli army said it was continuing to “expand its operations into new areas of the Gaza Strip”particularly in the Jabaliya sector, in the north of the territory.
- Monday, the Doctors Without Borders clinic in Gaza City “was the target of fire”And “four MSF cars burned”, a fifth cut in two, said the NGO, without news from one of its members and their relatives. Artillery fire and airstrikes destroyed buildings in downtown Gaza, according to an AFP journalist. Doctors at Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza told AFP they had received ” tens “ deaths and injuries.
- According to the Ministry of Health in Gaza, 41 members of the same family died in an Israeli attack that hit their house in Jabaliya. The Palestinian news agency WAFA reported the overnight bombing of the Indonesian hospital, north of Gaza City, while Hamas reported bombings by Israeli tanks.
Find our direct precedent by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles on the war between Israel and Hamas
Decryption. At the Haifa hospital, the fragile coexistence between Jews and Arabs
Reporting. Exfiltrated from Gaza, Franco-Palestinians still haunted by fear: “We were waiting for death all the time”
Narrative. The wandering of the inhabitants of Gaza in their city transformed into a field of ruins
Decryption. The Jewish state still united behind its army
Reporting. The Tamimi, the Palestinian cause as a legacy
Facts. Yemeni Houthis open a new front in the Red Sea
Decryption. In Gaza, the battle for gasoline, crucial for the survival of the enclave
Video investigation. The fall of an Israeli shell on Al-Shifa hospital