The online sales site eBuyer has carried out a survey revealing the most popular video game by European country. The result reveals some nice surprises. This is what we can tell you.
A study carried out by Ebuyer, one of the largest independent hardware distributors in Europe, has therefore revealed the most popular video games in Europe. And in the lot there are surprises.
26 video games to rule them all
We have grouped some games together since some countries love the same game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II : Austria, United Kingdom, Lithuania, Denmark
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons : Belgium, Hungary
- Grand Theft Auto V : Bulgaria, Czech Republic
- Runescape: Croatia
- Final Fantasy VI : Cyprus
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare : Estonia, Ireland, Portugal
- Assassin’s Creed II : Finland, Latvia
- Rocket League : France, Sweden
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga : Germany, Malta
- Super Mario Bros. : Greece
- Pokemon Red : Italy, Netherlands
- FIFA 22 : Luxemburg
- Halo Reach : Poland
- Minecraft : Romania, Spain
For France, Rocket League wins the jackpot. The Vatican State was excluded from the European survey on video games, the same goes for Monaco but we could bet on an F1 game. It’s amazing to see that a game like Pokémon Red can still be so successful in Italy, and that’s not to mention Super Mario Bros which seems to be very popular (still) in Greece.
Finally, it should be noted that the survey in question specifies that searches for the type of “upcoming video games” have increased by more than 124%, which indicates that the expectation for new games is increasing among players.
What do you think of this list of games? Do you agree to the resultstate of France? (or Belgium)? Tell us in the comments