FIFA 22, FIFA 21, EA Sports, FUT, Fifa ultimate team, TOTY, Team of the Year, forwards, awards, messi, ronaldo, mbappé, defenders, midfielders, goalkeepers, donnarumma, courteous, alaba, milan, psg, juventus, real Madrid
Five PSG players, two French, but not Benzema or Haaland: here is the XI of the year and the TOTY elements that will be available from Friday in the FUT mode of FIFA 22.
After a voting session by FIFA 22 players who had to choose the 11 Team of the Year Players among the 80 suitors, the Team of the Year (TOTY) was unveiled this Thursday by EA Sports. Very few surprises in this typical XI of the season, except perhaps the absences of Karim Benzema, Théo Hernandez or Erling Haaland. David Beckham presented the cards of the players who will be in FUT mode for the next 10 days, starting with attackers on January 21.
We obviously find the French world champion, PSG striker, Kylian Mbappe for a 4th consecutive year with an OVR 97 card, but also Lionel Messi (OVR 98), another Parisian player, who is offered an 11th selection. Fourth selection also for the Belgian Kevin De Bruyne in the middle of the field. Another Frenchman by his side: Ngolo Kante. Finally, three other PSG players are present: the defenders Hakimi and Marquinhosas well as the doorman Donnarummaall for the first time.
- Kylian Mbappe (FRA) 4th selection – Paris Saint Germain: In March 2021, Kylian Mbappé became the youngest player to reach 100 goals in Ligue 1 (ever), and in December 2021 he became the youngest to reach 100 goals with just one club (Paris Saint-Germain).
- Robert Lewandowski (POL) 2th selection – Bayern Munich: Robert Lewandowski has scored the most league goals of any player in Europe’s big five leagues in 2021 (43), setting a new Bundesliga record.
- Lionel Messi (ARG) 11th selection – Paris Saint Germain: Lionel Messi has been named the best player of the Copa America 2021, winning the award for the second time, after the 2015 edition. He is only the fourth player to win the award twice, and the second Argentinian after Manuel Seoane (1925 and 1927).
- Kevin De Bruyne (BEL) 4th selection – Manchester City: Kevin De Bruyne has created 3.7 chances per 90 minutes in the Premier League in 2021, the best rate of any player in the competition (min. 500 minutes played).
- Jorginho (ITA) 1time selection – Chelsea: Jorginho made 25 interceptions with Italy this summer, the record ever recorded by a player in a single edition of the tournament.
- N’Golo Kanté (FRA) 3rd selection – Chelsea: N’Golo Kanté averaged 1.8 steals per 90 minutes in all competitions for Chelsea in 2021, the highest rating of any player with at least 2,000 minutes played for the club over that period.
- Joao Cancelo (POR) 1time selection – Manchester City: João Cancelo has made the most assists of any full-back in Europe’s big five leagues in 2021 (2,403).
- Ruben Dias (POR) 1time selection – Manchester City: Rúben Dias has finished on the winning side in 32 league games in 2021 (out of 39 played), the highest tally of any defender in Europe’s big five leagues.
- Marquinhos (BRA) 1time selection – Paris Saint Germain: Marquinhos has completed 2,901 out of 3,131 attempts in all competitions for Paris Saint-Germain in 2021, more than any other player at the club.
- Achraf Hakimi (MAR) 1time selection – Paris Saint Germain: Achraf Hakimi scored 151 touches in the opposing box during league matches in 2021
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (ITA) 1time selection – Paris Saint Germain: Gianluigi Donnarumma was named Player of the Tournament for Italy last summer at UEFA EURO 2020 – the only goalkeeper to win the award.
Elsewhere on the web
Share this article