The ancient world knew about the healing properties of honey and even today the natural product still provides us with valuable services – not only in the kitchen, but also in the area of beauty and skin care.
Make honey mask yourself: Here's how
Note: Spare the eye area in all applications of the honey mask!
Simple honey mask: care for blemished skin
- Simply mix for a quick and easy honey mask two tablespoons of honey With two tablespoons of warm water.
- Apply the mask to your cleansed face with a cosmetic brush or cloth.
- Leave the mask on for about 20 minutes. To bridge the waiting time and increase the effect, you can massage the honey in gently by running your fingers over your face in a circular motion.
- After the exposure time, remove the mask with a facial tissue and wash your face with plenty of warm water.
Honey curd mask: moisturizer
- Mix in equal parts warmed honey with curd cheese and add a few drops of olive oil.
- Stir everything well and then spread the mask over your cleansed face.
- After an exposure time of 15 minutes, remove the mask with a damp cloth and remove all residues thoroughly with plenty of warm water.
Caution: Never heat honey above 40 ° C, otherwise it will lose its effectiveness.
Honey healing earth mask: help with impure skin
- Mix a tablespoon of healing earth With two tablespoons of liquid honey and add some water so that the mask has a spreadable consistency.
- Apply the mask to your cleansed face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the honey mask thoroughly with plenty of water. If necessary, you can use a warm, damp cloth.
Banana honey mask: moisturizing mask
- Crush a ripe banana with a fork until you get a creamy puree.
- Gap a tablespoon of honey and mix everything thoroughly.
- Apply the face mask to your cleansed skin and leave it on for half an hour before removing it with a towel and plenty of warm water.
Honey and tomato mask: skin peeling for acne
- Laundry two tomatoes thoroughly and puree them. Gap a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of wheat bran add and stir everything.
- Apply the mask to your cleansed face.
- Let the mass soak in for half an hour and then remove the mask with a damp cloth and plenty of water.
effect: The tomatoes increase the antibacterial effect of the honey and the wheat bran has a gentle peeling effect.
Honey mask: This is how honey works on the skin
In addition to its health effects, honey is a real beauty miracle for the skin:
- In honey Antioxidants contain. Antioxidants are radical scavengers, which means that they repel free radicals and thus protect the cells. As a result, they help to counteract premature skin aging.
- Contains honey Vitamins: In addition to vitamins B2 and B6, vitamin C is also present, which improves the elasticity of the skin.
- In honey amino acids contain, which stimulate the collagen production in the cells, which improves the skin elasticity.
- Anti-inflammatory Enzymes in honey ensure that the mask works against pimples and impure skin. There is also honey disinfectant and has antibacterial characteristics.
- honey makes the skin pleasantly soft and promotes blood circulation, which gives the skin a fresh look.
Honey mask: You have to know that
- Only wear the mask on the clean skin on. Wash your fingers thoroughly beforehand.
- Only prepare enough mass for the mask that you can use up everything in one application. The mask should not be kept.
- If you want to heat the honey a little, never heat it above 40 ° C, otherwise the ingredients may lose their effect.
- A honey mask is particularly suitable for impure skin and skin prone to pimples. But always pay attention to the respective one Exposure time the mask, so that the natural product can also develop its full effect.
- You can do the honey mask up to three times a week apply to benefit from the nourishing, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
- You can also use honey as Immediate help with individual pimples apply. Simply dab the honey on the affected area with a cotton swab and let it work.
- Just Manuka honey has very strong antibacterial properties, with normal honey from the trade this effect is a lot weaker.
- Pay attention when buying the natural product Organic qualityto rule out pesticide residues.
- Do not use commercially available household honey on open wounds!
Tip: Honey also softens chapped lips.
Look here if you want to know how you can make more face masks yourself. And here we explain the effect of rose oil and rose hip oil on the skin.
If you want to share with others about skin care and beauty trends, have a look at our community.