With the end of account sharing fast approaching, you may be looking for a solution to keep your Netflix profile. Fortunately, the platform has planned for all those who risk finding themselves without an account. We explain how to keep all your data if you want to take your own subscription.
It’s only a matter of time before Netflix announces the end of account sharing in France. While some neighboring countries have already seen the sentence fall, our turn could come as early as this month of March, according to certain rumours. Once the new regulations come into force, the users concerned will have to choose between sign up for a new subscription or permanently abandon the streaming service.
For those who will be tempted by the first option, there remains the question of data transfer. Indeed, having to pay for your own subscription is one thing, but losing all your viewing history in the process is quite another. Fortunately, you won’t need to go to such extremes, since Netflix already offers a solution that takes care of everything for you.
Related: Netflix Replaces Human Artists With AI To Generate Cartoon Sets
How to recover your Netflix profile on a new account
For this, a few clicks are enough to transfer all its data. Here are the steps to follow :
- Login to netflix account that you use until now
- Select your profile
- Click theyour profile icon at the top right of your screen
- Click on Transfer Profile
- Netflix then asks you to activate the option. Click on the button To allow
- The account owner will then receive a confirmation link by email on which he will have to click to activate the account transfer
- You can also wait 2 days for the option to activate automatically
Once done, all you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions. Concretely, it will be vscreate a new account and therefore of subscribe to a new subscription. At least your streak will pick up where you left off.