After two women accuse him of sexual abuse, Justin Bieber is now taking legal action against her.
Two women accused Justin Bieber (26, "Changes") of sexual assault via Twitter last week. After having fought back with receipts, social media posts and media reports, all of which were intended to prove his innocence, the pop star now wants to take legal action against the accusations: he sued both women for defamation of $ 10 million each, the equivalent of around 8.9 million euros. The US celebrity portal "TMZ" reports.
The two women, who call themselves Danielle and Kadi on Twitter, had accused Bieber of sexually assaulting in 2014 and 2015, respectively. The court documents, which are said to be "TMZ", therefore indicate that the singer can provide "uncontestable documents" that prove that the allegations are nothing more than "outrageous, fictional lies" and "factually impossible".
In addition, Bieber expresses the suspicion in the documents that both Twitter accounts could be operated by the same person.
He is accused of this
The alleged victim Danielle claims that Justin Bieber abused her on March 9, 2014 in a hotel in Austin, Texas. Bieber announced on Twitter on June 22: "This story is not true," delivering emails, receipts, and articles about an appearance that said he had stayed in an Airbnb property the night of the alleged attack and in another hotel the following night. He was also with his then girlfriend Selena Gomez (27) and their friends, said the 26-year-old.
The other alleged victim, Kadi, claims the singer abused her at around 2:30 a.m. on the night of May 5, 2015, in a New York hotel following the Met Gala. Bieber had attended the gala, but according to his own statement, he drove straight to a private after-show party and stayed there until about four in the morning. After the party, he bought something to eat at a hot dog stand. Numerous witnesses could confirm this.
Public statements were necessary
Justin Bieber had already announced legal action prior to the lawsuit. He explained via Twitterthat he usually doesn’t respond to such things because he has to deal with allegations throughout his career. "But after speaking to my wife and team, I decided to comment on a topic tonight." The singer continues: "Rumors are rumors, but sexual abuse is something that I don't take lightly. I wanted to speak up straight away, but out of respect for the many victims who deal with this topic every day I wanted to make sure I got the facts together before I make an explanation. "
At the end of a series of tweets the singer also wrote, "Any report of sexual abuse should be taken very seriously, so my answer was necessary."
There are similar accusations against other stars
Justin Bieber is not the only star against whom such accusations have recently been made. An anonymous Twitter user accused actor Cole Sprouse (27, "Riverdale") earlier this week of sexually harassing her at a party in 2013. Similar allegations were made against his "Riverdale" co-stars Vanessa Morgan (28), Lili Reinhart (23) and KJ Apa (23). They all called the allegations "wrong" and also want to take legal action.