And no, it’s not to replace Karmine Corp.whose arrival in the LEC has been announced for more than six months, but well for take the place of Misfits that the LFL announces a call for applications. The great upheaval of the world leagues continues for this season of League of Legends and after many changes in the main competitions, including the LEC which will see Astralis replaced by Team Heretics, and a new structure in place of Misfits.
On the LFL side, the European departure of Misfits also brings the Misfits Premier slot resale, the French competition. Indeed, Team Heretics, which bought the place of LEC, cannot accumulate a place in LVL (Spain) and LFL (France). For this auction, Riot Games and Webedia, the co-organizers of the season, present the allocation format on the official site:
- Webedia and Riot Games are launching a call for applications for the allocation of the slot of MISFITS FIRST.
- Interested teams respond by sending Webedia and Riot Games an application file as well as a financial offer for the slot transaction.
- Webedia and Riot Games make a pre-selection of the best files to reach a shortened list of 3 to 5 candidates. The selection stems from several criteria including the solidity of the structure, the future vision of the development of its brand as well as the financial offer of the team.
- Webedia interviews successful applicants.
- Webedia and Riot Games select the new team for the 2023 LFL season.
- The selected team is announced and the financial offer of the slot is redistributed as follows:
- 50% for MISFIT GAMING
- 50% for remaining LFL teams
We thus learn that the call for tenders will run until October 5 at 6 p.m., and the selection will be made at the beginning november. The slot sale process may change in the future since this is the first time that we have seen a management of the sale directly organized by the organizer of an ERL tournament, Riot announces.
As for the contenders, several big names in esports have already announced that they are not putting together an application file. This is particularly the case of mandatorythe ZeratoR team, who, even being interested, do not think they have a solid enough file for 2023 yet, the deadline being too short for the guarantees.
alot of people mentioning me or mentioning @MandatoryGG on this tweet. Already, know that you are enjoying it, I find it incredible and it proves that you trust us. BUT it’s early for us for this kind of project. Not impossible in the future but ATM no 🙁 https://t.co/tFz9BoTdYJ
—ZeratoR (@ZeratoR) September 23, 2022
Same story for the BMS team from Joelpostbad, who was at the time positioned for a place in Div.2. The place is way too expensive for now, but why not in the future. Finally, IziDreamwho failed to climb via the end-of-season LFL Up&Down, believes that his place must be earned on merit and not with money. Nice state of mind.
Finally, one could obviously think of JobLife Esport. The ex-JobLess started the adventure on LoL with a place in Div.2 bought last year. Sixth in the regular season, could JL Tomy try to join the LFL directly without going through the Up&Down? The surprise may come from elsewhere, to be continued…