Low blood pressure
These home remedies will help you now
Low blood pressure? Home remedies help against annoying ailments such as fatigue and tiredness. These tips will get your circulation going!
With low blood pressure (hypotension) it is particularly difficult to get up: those affected often have symptoms such as tiredness and dizziness and can hardly get out of bed – some are even threatened with fainting. But it doesn't have to be! Low blood pressure can usually be managed well with home remedies.
Can I treat my low blood pressure myself?
There are several forms of low blood pressure. Before treating your symptoms with home remedies yourself, a doctor should determine the appropriate form of hypotension. Because: If there is what is known as secondary hypotension, the low blood pressure is just a symptom of another disease such as an underactive thyroid.
Instead of using home remedies, the cause, i.e. the disease present, should be treated with medication. If diseases can be excluded as the cause, there is nothing against self-medication to get the body and blood circulation going.
These tips and home remedies will help against low blood pressure
Low blood pressure: which remedy works? Here are our tips:
- Cardiovascular training is everything! So do a lot of cycling, walking or jogging. Five minutes of gymnastics in bed prevent the circulatory system from going limp as soon as you get up ("cycling" with your legs in the air, light weight training).
- Drink a lot, to fill up the blood vessels – at least two liters of water a day should be in it.
- Eat licorice and add salt while eating.
- Alternating shower in the morning: Alternately rinse with cold and warm water – this stimulates the blood circulation.
- Beetroot dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
- Several small meals: The frequently invoked three large meals a day briefly put a lot of pressure on the circulation – and then sags all the more. About five to six smaller meals a day are better.
- Licorice Root: Not only can it increase blood pressure, but it can also relieve the dizziness caused by low blood pressure. The dried version of the liquorice root is best consumed in a tea. Simply pour a teaspoon of boiling water over it and let it steep for five minutes. Drink a cup several times a day.
- A massage of the hand reflex zones (calmly several times a day) harmonizes the blood pressure: To do this, place the thumb of the left hand on the inside of the right hand. The left index finger gently strokes through the furrows between the metacarpal bones, always from the bottom up towards the fingers. For each of the three furrows 15 to 20 times. Then change hands.
Video tip: 6 tips for those who don't like the morning: How to get up early