Making cream cheese yourself: Introduction
- Cream cheese is a real all-rounder and especially refreshing in summer. But does it always have to be the cream cheese bought from the supermarket? No! You can also easily make fresh cheese yourself.
- Making cheese from milk yourself basically requires something Time and patience, because the milk is separated from the whey and finally thickened. Then you have to patiently let the cheese ripen. But you can also use fresh cheese quite simply with lemon juice produce.
- In this article we show you why homemade cream cheese tastes so delicious and what ingredients you need for it.
Making cream cheese yourself: advantages of cream cheese
- Contains a lot of protein
- Is almost lactose free
- Delicious and refreshing
- Can help you lose weight
- Good for teeth and bones
Make cream cheese yourself: Better than buying
- Cream cheese is ready to eat after production and does not require a long aging period. However, due to its high proportion of water, there is a risk that it will spoil quickly.
- Manufacturers therefore add Additives, flavorings and other ingredients to extend the shelf life. However, this is at the expense of health and a natural taste.
- Vegetarians must also be careful whether the Cream cheese with calf rennet was enriched. It is not always clear on the packaging whether animal or microbial rennet was used.
- So if you want to make cream cheese yourself, that gives you that complete control over ingredients and flavor.
Make cream cheese yourself: ingredients
- 1 liter of milk
- Lemon juice
Make cream cheese yourself: 3 simple steps
- Touch: Put the milk in a saucepan and start heating it while stirring. Then add a little lemon juice to the saucepan so that the protein in the milk dissolves and a liquid separates from the solid contents.
- Drain: Take a bowl and strainer and drain the cheese through the strainer. Put a cloth in the bowl. The secreted liquid is the whey, which you can drink or use for other purposes.
- Taste: Depending on your taste, you can now add salt, spices and herbs and enjoy the cheese.
You can find more details about cream cheese and tips for delicious recipes in our separate article on cream cheese. We'll also tell you how healthy low-fat curd cheese and natural yoghurt are.
If you want to share with others about cheese and its production, have a look at our BRIGITTE community.