New upheavals in the Marvel Cinematic Universe cinema calendar, with releases postponed for the next “Avengers” as well as “Captain America 4” and “Blade”, while that of “Deadpool 3” is advanced.
Were you in need of major upheavals in the calendars of the big studios? Disney will fix it. In addition to the postponement of Avatar 3 to December 2025 (and from 5 to… 2031!), the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe is upset. No doubt in large part because of the writers’ strike, which is already blocking the production of Blade and Thunderbolts.
Shared universe required, when a project moves, the others do the same. And this is how Captain America: Brave New World, whose release date seemed to have been confirmed recently, will now arrive on July 26, 2024 in the United States (and probably two days before in France). It takes the place of Thunderbolts, pushed back to December 20, the initial slot of Avatar 3.
The year 2025 will begin with Blade (February 14) before The Fantastic 4 land (finally) in the MCU on May 2. A date previously reserved for Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, which is postponed for a year (while the future of Jonathan Majors, interpreter of the big bad, is still unclear), in the same way as Secret Wars.
Good news despite everything, in all these postponements: Deadpool 3 is brought forward to May 3, 2024 (instead of November 8). And The Marvels shouldn’t budge.
Marvel: all the new dates
- The Marvels : November 9, 2023 (French date)
- Deadpool 3 : advanced to May 3, 2024
- Captain America – Brave New World : postponed to July 26, 2024
- Thunderbolts : postponed to December 20, 2024
- Blade : postponed to February 14, 2025
- Fantastic Four : postponed to May 2, 2025
- Avengers – The Kang Dynasty : postponed to May 1, 2026
- Avengers – Secret Wars : postponed to May 7, 2027