The season In the Quantum World of Marvel Snap is launched this February 7, 2023! New maps, new locations, new season pass and new strategies: here is all the information you need to know before setting out again to conquer the ranks of the card game.
This February 7, 2023 marks the launch of the new season of Marvel Snap. Zabu and the Wilderness leave their place to the season In the Quantum World, in line with the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, which hits theaters next week. Players lose three ranks in the standings, as is the custom each new season.
The Season Pass In the Quantum World
This season’s star card is MODOK, 5 energy and 8 power, which, when revealed, discards all cards from your hand. Discard-based games should therefore abound, taking advantage of the recent improvement in Wolverineand the powerful effect of Hello.
Nothing better than a Cosmo so, to counter the revealed effects of discard strategies… thus leaving the field open to decks with continuous effects, which are not sensitive to them.
The new cards in Marvel Snap
Alongside this card, available now by upgrading to Premium (for a dozen euros), or later when it integrates pool 5 cards in the next season, three other cards are gradually coming into the game (also in pool 5 , therefore difficult to obtain):
- Ghost (February 14): in continuous effect, your cards are always revealed last (their revealed effects therefore occur last).
- Stature (February 21): its cost is 1 if your opponent has discarded a card from their hand during the game.
- Kang the Conqueror (February 28): in effect revealed, observe the cards played by your opponent and start your turn again afterwards (without kang).
Finally, Zabustar of the previous season, also joined the pool 5 cards today.
4 new locations are coming to Marvel Snap
New locations will also be coming to the game over time.
- Camp Lehigh : Adds a random card with an initial cost of 3 to each player’s hand.
- quantum tunnel : When you play a card here, swap it with another card from your deck.
- quantum world : When you play a card here, its base power is adjusted to 2.
- Sacred timeline : The first player to fill this slot gets a copy of their starting hand.
Finally, even if nothing is confirmed yet, insistent rumors suggest a very soon adjustment of the cards Silver Surfer And Zabu (which dominate the current environment).
If you liked this article, you will like the following ones: do not miss them by subscribing to Numerama on Google News.