On November 29, 2022, the former counter-terrorism chief made chilling revelations about Meghan Markle and how she was in danger while living in the UK. This one, the threats was “disgusting”.
Was Meghan Markle in danger while living in the UK? For the country’s former counterterrorism chief, Neil Basu, there is no doubt. In an interview released Tuesday, November 29, 2022, he made disturbing confidences regarding the safety of Prince Harry’s wife. “You were in charge of royal protection. How would you rate the threats Meghan and Harry received?“, journalist Cathy Newman asked him in an excerpt shared on Twitter. “Well disgusting and very real“, replied Neil Basu, qualifying the far-right terrorism of “fast growing threat“for the country.
“But there have been plenty of serious and credible threats against Meghan, right? From the far right?“, insisted the journalist. “Absolutely, and if you had seen the things that was written and received them… the kind of rhetoric that’s online, if you don’t know what I know, you would feel threatened all the time“, he replied. More concretely, the journalist simply asked him if the Duchess of Sussex could fear for her life. from the Met came up with a chilling response.
Meghan Markle was simply in mortal danger
“Absolutely. We had teams investigating. People have been prosecuted for these threats“, he said. If he mentions the threats that could weigh on her when she married the grandson of Elizabeth II, they lasted after. Indeed, a Taliban fighter, Qari Nasrullah, has told in the columns of the Mirror that the Duke of Sussex had already been targeted”Many times” by terrorists. And to add about his intervention in Afghanistan: “There were many plans to capture him – maybe it was his luck that he managed to escape“. Indeed, when he was in the military, Prince Harry had been to Afghanistan.
To this day, police and former security chiefs fear the couple are constantly at risk of being targeted by terrorist groups, political fanatics and other lone maniacs. Dai Davies, who served as head of Royal Protection from 1994 to 1998, is among those who fear that both the Crown and officials are not taking the proper measure of the risks. “We must learn the lessons of history and act accordingly. Every person in charge of security has to imagine the impossible again and again, and I’m afraid the experts currently in charge don’t do it enough..” Statements that are not at all reassuring about the future of lovers.