Specifically, these sizes of the models with the corresponding DOT serial numbers are affected:
- 175/70R14 88T NEXEN WINGUARD Snow G3: DOT 035 HR DAAL 2920, DOT 035 HR DAAR 2920, DOT 035 HR DABL 2920, DOT 035 HR DABR 2920
- 205/40R17 84V NEXEN WINGUARD Sport 2: DOT 035 6C AMBL 2920, DOT 035 6C AMBR 2920
- 225/55R17 101V NEXEN WINGUARD Sport 2: DOT 035 UP BABL 2920, DOT 035 UP BABR 2920
- 235/45R17 97V NEXEN WINGUARD Sport 2: DOT 035 0L BAHL 2920, DOT 035 0L BAHR 2920
- 235/45R18 98V NEXEN WINGUARD Sport 2: DOT 035 VL AAAL 2920, DOT 035 VL AAAR 2920
The DOT number is on the sidewalls of the tires. The first digits must be 035. They point to the production in the Czech Republic. The last four digits indicate the production period (week/year).
Nexen has launched an exchange program for affected customers. It is recommended that the replacement be arranged at the point of purchase as soon as possible. There are no costs for buyers.