To mark the occasion, Overwatch is bringing out limited-time shocks: you’ll be able to dive back into your favorite modes from previous seasonal events. Find the program below (times may vary by region).
Overwatch Archives missions will be available in the Arcade on August 9, 16, 23, and 30.
- Insurrection (story): Jump back seven years and join an Overwatch task force clearing the streets of King’s Row in an effort to quell an insurgency led by Sector Zero. Play as a team with your friends and play as Tracer, Torbjörn, Reinhardt or Ange to defeat the robots and liberate the city.
- Insurrection (all heroes): Join the fight with the character of your choice in All Hero mode to repel Sector Zero and save King’s Row. You have no right to fail. The future depends on you.
- Retaliation (story): Step back eight years and join Blackwatch on a mission to capture one of the Claw’s most senior members. Play as a team with your friends and play as Cassidy, Moira, Genji or Reyes (later known as the Reaper).
- Retaliation (all heroes): Join the fight with the character of your choice in All Hero mode and face the forces of the Claw in the streets of Rialto.
- Storm warning (history): As the storm threatens, four Overwatch agents set off in pursuit of devious entrepreneur Maximilian through the streets of Havana. Play as a team with your friends and play as Tracer, Genji, Winston or Ange.
- Storm Warning (all heroes): Join the fight with the character of your choice in All Hero mode to eliminate Claw agents and hunt down Maximilian.
Overwatch Archives Challenge Mission
The Overwatch Archives Challenge Missions will be available in the Arcade on August 10, 17, and 24.
- Molten Cores: (Insurrection) Enemies form a pool of lava when dying.
- Paper Dragon: (Insurrection) Players have less hit points and deal more damage.
- Surgical strike: (Retaliation) Only critical hits deal damage.
- Close combat : (Retaliation) Enemies can only take damage when a player is near them.
- Moon of blood : (Storm Advisory) No support heroes. Heal yourself by inflicting damage.
- The storm rages: (Storm Warning) Some enemies are enraged. Killing them spreads rage.
Summer Games Shocks will be available in the Arcade on August 11, 18, and 25.
- Lucioball: Lúcioball, Overwatch’s futuristic football, is back! Work as a team to kick the ball into the opposing goal. The team that scores the most points when time runs out wins the game.
- Lucioball Remix: Be careful, the Lúcioball Remix has some surprises in store for you! In this faster and more chaotic version of Lúcioball, there are two balls in play throughout the match, and bonus balls worth extra points appear from time to time in the stadium. Go ahead and score more goals than your opponents to win!
A terrifying Halloween
Spooky Halloween Shocks will be available in the Arcade on August 12, 19, and 26.
- Revenge of Dr. Schakalstein: Team up with three other players and defend Adlersbrunn against an army of fearsome creatures, including Schakalstein and his monster, the Mysterious Summoner, the Bloodthirsty Reaper and the terrible Witch of the Wilds.
- Endless Revenge: A horde of monstrosities besiege Adlersbrunn. Gather your compatriots and hold your ground against their relentless onslaught. How long will you last before succumbing to the horrors of Dr. Schakalstein?
Spooky Halloween Challenge Missions
The Spooky Halloween Challenge Missions will be available in the Arcade on August 13, 20, and 27.
Test your mettle with Dr. Schakalstein’s Revenge Challenge Missions.
- Vengeful Ghost: A murderous ghost chases the players.
- Wild Rush: Zomniacs move faster
- Explosive Zomniacs: Zomniacs explode near players.
- They were three: Only 3 players, but they deal more damage.
- Mystery bearing: Heroes and heroines periodically replaced randomly.
- Surprise tire: Some enemies spawn tesla tires on death.
Winter Wonderland Shocks will be available in the Arcade on August 14, 21, and 28.
- Freezing: Get ready to freeze your opponents in this 4v4 clash! Instead of dying, players are surrounded by a block of ice that only their teammates can melt. Freeze the entire enemy team to win the game, but stay on your toes: it only takes one defrosted enemy to turn the tide and chill you all.
- Operation Snowball: Work as a team to freeze your opponents! In this 6v6 clash, everyone plays as Mei and her Endothermic Cannon has been modified to fire a single super-powered snowball. All you need is one hit to eliminate an enemy, but missing your target can cost you dearly!
- Snowball Deathmatch: In this free-for-all eight-man clash, players can store up to three deadly snowballs in Mei’s cannon, increasing their chances of freezing opponents before needing to reload.
- Yeti Hunt: This 6-player clash pits five Meis against a Yeti who uses Winston’s abilities. The Yeti must survive long enough to eliminate the enemy Mei before being eliminated. Which side will emerge victorious from this snowstorm?
Lunar new year
Lunar New Year Shocks will be available in the Arcade on August 15, 22, and 29.
- Capture the Flag: In Capture the Flag mode, each team attempts to capture the opposing flag and bring it back to their base, while preventing their opponents from doing the same. The most determined players can try their hand at the competitive mode, which includes placement matches, leaderboards and competition points!
- Capture the Lightning Flag: The flags of the two teams are much closer together and six captures are now required to win the game instead of three. Be ruthless to capture the opposing flag as many times as possible.
- Bounty hunter : In this frantic clash, you earn points by completing bounties. The player who achieves the first elimination in the game becomes a target; all the others are bounty hunters. To gain additional points, you will have to eliminate the target, but be careful: if you land the finishing blow, you will become the next target.