Recipe: easy spinach cannelloni
Do you fancy a healthy and uncomplicated lunch or dinner? You only need three ingredients for these spinach cannelloni.
These simple spinach cannelloni are prepared in a quick 15 minutes and can then be baked until golden brown in the hot oven – the 3-ingredient cuisine is ready.
Frozen spinach is used for this recipe. This is not only extremely practical to store, but also healthy: Just like the fresh version, spinach contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and secondary plant substances.
In winter it pays to switch from fresh to canned tomatoes when cooking. They are made from tomatoes that have been allowed to ripen for a long time – this makes them high in lycopene. This secondary plant substance gives the vegetables their red color and is said to have a slightly mood-enhancing and anti-inflammatory effect.
3-ingredient cuisine: recipe for spinach cannelloni
The ingredients for two servings:
- 400 g frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 1 can of chunky tomatoes (drained)
- 125 g cannelloni
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C top and bottom heat.
- Brush a small baking dish with a little olive oil. Put the thawed and well squeezed spinach into the cannelloni with a spoon and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the tomato pieces over the filled cannelloni and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: If you like, you can refine the spinach with spices from the store or some feta before pouring it into the cannelloni. The tomato pieces also get a fiery taste with chilli – turmeric, herbs and Co. also provide a spicy aroma.
Also try our 3-ingredient recipes for quick shakshuka, pasta cacio e pepe or cheesecake.
Sources used:own research