One of the best things about fall and winter? CINNAMON ROLLS! Sure, you can eat all year round, but they taste best when they come out of the oven warm and it's cold and disgusting outside. And best of all baked according to this recipe, our author swears.
I've baked quite a few cinnamon rolls in my life and they were all ok. But these guys blew me away completely. They are fluffy with a slight hint of vanilla. The frosting goes perfectly with the sugar and cinnamon filling. I can't think of anything to fault these cute snails. Really nothing. If you want to bake them vegan, you can use plant-based margarine and vegan cream cheese for the frosting instead of butter. So get to the bowls, I promise: it's worth it!
For the dough:
275 ml soy drink vanilla
60 g butter
50 grams of sugar
1 pinch of salt
½ cube of fresh yeast
For the filling
100 g soft butter
70 g cane sugar
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
For the frosting
70 g (vegan) cream cheese
1 tbsp soft butter
1 tbsp (heaped) powdered sugar
If necessary, some more soy drink vanilla
That's how it works:
1. Make the dough:
- Heat the soy drink vanilla in a small saucepan, add butter and melt. Then remove from the plate and let cool down a little.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and crumble in the yeast.
- Add the lukewarm soy drink-butter mixture and knead everything with a dough hook to a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
2. Prepare the filling:
- Beat the butter, raw sugar and cinnamon with the mixer and set aside
3. Roll out and roll up
- Grease the baking dish or round baking tin, preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat
- Flour the work surface.
- Roll out the dough into a square shape (approx. 30 * 40 cm) and spread the filling onto the dough with a spoon.
- Roll up the dough and cut the two ends straight
- Cut the rolling pin into about twelve snails with a sharp knife, place in the mold and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Then bake for about 25 minutes.
4. The frosting
- Take the cinnamon buns out of the oven and let them cool down a little.
- During this time, stir all the ingredients for the frosting. If it is too firm, add soy drink until the consistency is creamy, but not too runny.
- Spread on the cinnamon rolls and enjoy while still warm