As part of the operation ASUS PCDIY, that we made with ASUS ROG, it was a question of mounting a complete and identifiable / purchasable configuration directly from their site. More information in our article: Build your PC Gamer well in 2022. For the occasion, we had the ROG Ryujin II 360 water cooling kit.
Identify its components
As with many configurations, it is the whole that governs the choice of component. For the water cooling kitthe essential elements to be taken into account are:
- The processor : adapted, here, to the cooling of the CPU (processor), the water cooling (liquid cooling) allows a better drop in temperature than aircooling (air cooling). Remember to look at the CPU socket and make sure the kit fits easily. For our case we had an LGA 1700 with which the ROG Ryujin II 360 is compatible. Namely that, in addition to the shape of the processor, the watercooling kit can be positioned on any CPU. Depending on the power, it is the number of fans present on the radiator that must be estimated with precision in order to have the best possible cooling.
- The box : this is the element capable of drastically restricting your choice. Indeed, its proportions can quite simply prevent the use of a product like ROG Ryujin II 360 equipped with a fairly substantial screen and capable of hitting the glass of the case. In addition, some towers, smaller, do not offer the possibility of installing all types of fans. The name of the kit says a lot about the specifics. In our case, we find that it has three 120mm fans. It will therefore be necessary to take note of the technical characteristics of the case in order to know the size, the location, but also the number of possible fans.
Finally, a small clarification that might not seem clear. If the water cooling approaches to air ventilation with the number of fans present, it must be taken into account that the cooling liquid is located in the case that is placed on the CPU and circulates in the radiator which will start to heat up. The interest of the fans here is to cool the radiator in order to reduce the heat of the liquid and, by flow, the temperature of the processor.
Choice between fan (aircooling) and watercooling
With an AIO (All in one) system becoming popular, we almost end up forgetting that there are different types of cooling. First of all, for those to whom water cooling means an army of glass pipes in your setup, know that the CPU water cooling kit is a separate unit that requires no additional purchase or setup. It is positioned instead of a cooler, provided you have enough to position the fans on your tower.
- Lifetime, confirmed by years of experience
- Value for money
- Easy and professional use
- Imposing, requires the use of a suitable case depending on the model chosen
- Picks up hair and dirt, requires regular cleaning
- Depending on the model, the fans can be noisy
- Much larger surface
- Performance, with equal component, water cooling cools much more than a cooler
- Price quality
- Easy and professional use
- Price skyrocketing very quickly
- Request to turn to iconic brands to avoid any problems
- Installation more difficult especially if you also have an RGB system
ROG Ryujin II 360 Overview
As part of the ASUS PCDIY operation, our configuration was equipped with a ROG Ryujin II 360. We have, as a bonus, the advantage of taking advantage of a box that allows us to install it on the upper part or on the front face, provided that the fans already present are removed.
- Water block dimensions: 78.15 x 87.5 x 81mm
- Block material (CPU plate): Copper
- Speed: 4,800 RPM +/- 10%
- Air Pressure: 3.23mmH2O
- Airflow: 19.41 CFM
- PumpSolution: 7th gen Asetek pump
- Motorspeed: 840 – 2,800 +/- 300 RPM
- Power: 12V DC, 0.3A
- Dimensions of the radiator: 121 x 394 x 27mm
- Radiator Material: Aluminum
- Pipe : Sheathed rubber hose
- Hose length: 380mm
- Fan : Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000 PWM Fan
- Cut : 3 x Fan Slots (120mm)
- Dimension : 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Speed : 450 – 2000 RPM +/- 10%
- Static pressure: 3.94mmH2O
- Air flow : 71.6 CFM / 121.8 m3h
- Noise : 29.7dB(A)
- Control method: PWM/DC
- Display: 3.5″ Full Color LCD
- 1 x Liquid Cooler (pre-applied thermal paste)
- 3 x 120mm Radiator Fan
- 1 x ARGB Input Cable
- 1 to 3 Y-cable(s) for fan connection
- 1 x Pack of screws and mounting brackets
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- 1x ROG Sticker
- 1 x ROG Fan Controller 3M Mounting Tape
With a price higher than €300, the ROG Ryujin II 360 CPU water cooling kit requires a significant investment that we advise demanding and needy users to obtain the best configuration possible. Note, however, that its higher price is, in part, only the fruit of many frills, which many users and players are able to do without, starting with the LCD interface, but also the cooling fan. Here we are talking about a comfort device which, in the event of acquisition, will meet your expectations, both technologically and visually.
ROG Ryujin II
The very top of the range made in ROG since it is an all-in-one liquid processor cooler equipped with a pump fan, which is not found on other references, but also an interface 3.5” LCD configurable from Armory Crate software.
The latest in the family, it is only available in black and in 360 format (three 120 mm fans) or 240 (two 120 mm fans). The LCD interface is the only customization possible since these models are not equipped with ARGB on the fans.
Very similar to the range mentioned above, the Strix are devoid of a pump fan as well as the 3.5″ LCD interface. Nevertheless, the Strix have a luminous logo in the center of the cooler, a ARGB on all the fans, with a 120/240/360 version and even a white alternative.Less technology for more frills and variations, in order to stick to the brightest configurations without losing cooling efficiency.
Finally, before choosing this model, make sure that your motherboard has an integrated three-pin addressable connector, because the radiator fans are incompatible with 4-pin RGB connectors.
This is what we could call the entry level of the brand due to its low diversity and its fair price. Reduced to just two kits, the 240 and 120, the ROG Ryuo are simple, but effective. No ARGB on the fans or the heatsink, just a circular area around the cooler. As an added bonus, they come equipped with a 1.77” OLED LiveDash interface displaying real-time system stats as well as custom logos and/or GIFs.
A competition is organized with our partnerwhich allows you to leave with the video game of your choicefrom fifa credits or some V-bucks.
To participate, just click on the following link →!