In-article:

Secretary of State Nathalie Elimas, accused of “harassment”, leaves the government


Secretary of State Nathalie Elimas, who is the subject of an administrative inquiry into the functioning of her cabinet after accusations of moral “harassment”, is leaving the government.

“On the proposal of the Prime Minister, the President of the Republic put an end, at their request, to the functions of” Nathalie Elimas, announced the Elysée this Saturday.

Nathalie Elimas was Secretary of State to the Minister of National Education, Youth and Sports, responsible for Priority Education. In mid-February, according to Europe 1, an internal pre-report had been submitted to Jean Castex. His conclusions “are terrible” for Nathalie Elimas, directly implicated, according to a source from the Elysee Palace quoted by the radio.

Serious testimonies

The Prime Minister had spoken with the Secretary of State to “ask her for an explanation” and Nathalie Elimas had then “refused the option” of leaving the government. Two sources interviewed by AFP had confirmed that the testimonies targeting the Secretary of State were “concordant” but also “serious” and “overwhelming”.

“Mistreatment”

Several sources had also told AFP that Nathalie Elimas was accused of acts of “harassment”, even “abuse”, on collaborators. Half a dozen people are said to be victims, according to two people who have worked since July 2020 in the office of this human resources specialist.

Nathalie Elimas “serene”

The Secretary of State had denounced a “attack of great violence, on a personal basis”. It is “very hard, very violent, the violence is incredible for my children, but on the bottom of things I am serene”, she said in mid-February on Radio J.

“What is happening today are extremely malicious leaks, probably to destabilize me. Defamation is characterized “, she then assured.

Aged 48, Nathalie Elimas entered the government in July 2020 after being elected in 2017 as a MoDem deputy (presidential majority) for Val-d’Oise.



Source link -124