In-article:

Sherlock Holmes 3: Director Dexter Fletcher gives update on sequel starring Robert Downey Jr.


ENTERTAINMENT

A lot of time has passed since the “Sherlock Holmes” films with Robert Downey Jr. Now the director of the third film is optimistic about the production of the sequel.

Sherlock Holmes (Source: Themoviedb.org)

  • The “Sherlock Homes” films with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law were real class hits, but there was never a part 3.
  • The reason for this could be the tight schedules of the main actors, who are well clamped in Hollywood.
  • Nevertheless, there are prospects for a new film about the detective duo Holmes and Watson, as director Fletcher has now revealed.

Film director Dexter Fletcher (“Rocketman”) recently gave an optimistic update on the planned third part of the “Sherlock Holmes” movies given, in which he should take over the direction. The first of the detective films was released in 2009 and premiered Robert Downey Jr. in the title role and Jude Law as Dr. watson The sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game in the Shadows followed in 2011.

Since then, the film series has been quiet, although part 3 was ordered in 2011 and Warner Bros. already announced at the time that a first draft of the third film had been completed. But little was heard from the production until Susan Downey, the film’s producer and Robert Downey Jr.’s wife, revealed in 2014 that the film was being worked on.

After that, however, there was radio silence again for a long time. Only in 2018 was it announced that the film should be released in 2020 and in 2019 Dexter Fletcher was confirmed as director in place of Guy Ritchie. But the plans changed due to the corona pandemic, which led to the project being put on hold indefinitely.

In an interview with Collider, Fletcher said he still has hope that there will be a Part 3 of Sherlock Holmes. He admits that there’s no exact timeline and he can’t offer fans a release date or anything, although he knows they’ve been eagerly awaiting it. In his statement, however, he revealed that he personally thinks that the film needs to be shot.

However, you have to make sure that everyone involved can be in the right place at the right time. With megastars like Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Endgame”) and Jude Law (“Fantastic Beasts 3”) in the cast, that could prove difficult because they’re tied up in several other projects. And without the two leads, a sequel definitely wouldn’t be the same.

Since there is no new status about the film, it cannot be said for sure if it will even exist. Actually, Arthur Conan Doyle’s original works still offer some exciting material for a sequel, which could promise an exciting film. Fletcher’s update at least encourages that the project hasn’t been completely abandoned and that Sherlock and Watson will be reunited in the future.

Even if the “Sherlock Holmes” films are not really making progress, luckily all fans of the ingenious detective can watch the British series “Sherlock” with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman and the Netflix films about “Enola Holmes”. .

Don’t miss anything with the NETWORK-Newsletter

Every Friday: The most informative and entertaining summary from the world of technology!



Source link -67