Sunburn on the face
Sunburn on the face – that helps immediately!
A sunburn on the face is just terrible. It reveals neglected creaming and immediately shows how much it has damaged our sensitive facial skin. Bright red and tense? That will help you right now!
Sunburn on the face – what to do if it burns?
The skin on the face is delicate and thin. If we have forgotten to protect ourselves from the sun with sunscreen – or have simply sunbathed too long and excessively, it usually quickly becomes apparent: We are red and glowing. And especially in the areas that are exposed: forehead, nose and cheekbones. The stupid thing: a sunburn on the face is unfortunately difficult to hide …
Sunburn – now comes first aid
Usually we notice it quickly: the skin becomes hot, reddened and tense. What many do not know: We can get sunburn even in the shade. The full extent of a sunburn won’t show up until hours later. We notice the first symptoms after 4 to 8 hours, the worst are the symptoms 12 to 36 hours after sunbathing. We have the best SOS tips for sunburn on your face:
- Get out of the sun! For the next few days!
- Cool! Best with Cool packs, Cold-warm compresses, out of the fridge. But never put them directly on the skin, always put a thin cotton cloth in between.
- humidity is now important for the skin. From the inside (drink a lot!) And from the outside. The body needs water due to the heat generated during an inflammatory reaction. The skin is now tight and needs to repair burns. One is particularly moisturizing Aloe vera gel (Tip: Definitely the Check the INCI list, some products contain fragrances and preservatives that are not good for irritated skin – the Codecheck app, for example, can help.
- Home remedies from the kitchen can relieve burns: cucumber slices cool the skin of the face and provide moisture.
- Cottage cheese and yogurt soothe burns and draw the heat out of the skin.
- Help from the pharmacy: Cooling foam sprays and special After-sun gels and lotions with soothing ingredients like allantoin, bisabolol and panthenol are now doing well.
- Now no peeling only when the skin flakes off, you can use gentle ones Enzyme peels help to renew oneself. Under no circumstances rub mechanical peeling particles on the skin, as this would damage the thin, newly formed skin.
- Do not use chamomile tea or tincture if your face is sunburned. Chamomile helps on the body, but is too irritating on the face (especially around the eyes).
Are the If the skin burns very deeply, a doctor should be consulted. When blisters become infected and deeper layers of the skin are burned, facial scars may appear. The doctor then prescribes for severe sunburn anti-inflammatory agents such as ibuprofen.
Sunburn harms us for more than a few days
Even if the ghost is sometimes over after a few days, a sunburn on the face is extremely damaging to the skin. It sets processes in motion that make us age faster: Free radicals are formed, collagen is broken down and the connective tissue is damaged.
Pigment spots can also be a result of UV damage. Naturally every sunburn increases the risk of developing skin cancer.
Sunburn on the lips
Many forget to apply sunscreen to their lips as well, but there are now many Lip balm sticks With a high sun protection factor, even SPF 50. UV rays are extremely damaging to the thin skin of the lips. When it happened:
- With a slight sunburn, the lips redden and become dry. Now home remedies help like one Quark mask with honey or pureed cucumber. Then a moisturizer relieves tension and dryness. When using the lip balm, make sure that there are no mineral oils in it.
- If the burn is worse, it is painful. If blisters form on the lips, be sure to see a dermatologist.
When the skin is peeling
The skin heals itself by forming anew: the top layer of skin is so damaged that the skin cells below it reject the top ones in order to be able to regenerate. If the skin is peeling, it can be peeled off in large layers, especially on the body. If this works without pain, these areas can be carefully peeled off. If it hurts: hands off and wait! Anyone who has the urge to peel away the skin fuzz should do so just very gently with an enzyme peeling do. Do not use facial water or micellar water for facial cleansing, rather a milky lotion.
Put make-up on sunburn on your face
Even if we would like to put make-up on a sunburn on the face, restraint is now the order of the day when it comes to make-up. The skin must have one Moisturizer supplybefore you do a light liquid foundation apply. Better to avoid powder, because the fine dry particles absorb the moisture that sun-burned skin urgently needs. Avoid strong concealer sticks that are highly pigmented, even if we urgently wish that not everyone noticed the redness. The skin should breathe – after all, it has to work hard to regenerate.
To prevent burns in the first place, you can find more tips on how to prevent sunburn here. We’ll tell you more sunburn home remedies and how to sunbathe properly here.
Video tip: If your sunburn looks like this, you should act!