Ever heard of Switchel? This is the latest supposed miracle drink that is supposed to melt the pounds in no time. What is it?
Most women probably dreamed of losing a few pounds almost on the side. And so there is always a new trend that America swears by. The newest of these: Switchel. The drink with the strange name is currently experiencing a real hype in the USA. But what makes Switchel so special?
The full power of apple cider vinegar, ginger and lemon
If you believe the trend, switchel not only tastes good, but can also shed a lot of weight. The reason: The ingredients of the miracle drink, a combination of apple cider vinegar, ginger and lemon. And that's how it works:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: stimulates the digestive system, regulates the blood sugar level, prevents cravings and promotes the acid-base balance of the body.
- Lemon juice: Also aids digestion and contains plenty of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system.
- Ginger: Is considered a fat killer thanks to the hot substances capsaicin and gingerol, which heat up the body. This reacts with increased blood flow, which in turn boosts the metabolism.
If this fiery combination is too hot for you, may sweeten the miracle drink a little with maple syrup. This is not quite as unhealthy as sugar and takes the heat from the miracle drink switchel.
What can Switchel really do?
There is no scientific evidence that switchel really helps you lose weight. But a lot of stars and starlets already swear by it – and what speaks against testing it? Especially since you can buy the drink ready-made, but you can also easily make it yourself:
- Peel and dice a ginger bulb
- put them in 1.5 liters of boiling water for two minutes,
- let the mixture steep for about 20 minutes,
- mix in 120 ml apple cider vinegar and 60 ml lemon juice.
Particularly practical: Switchel can be drunk both warm and cold.
By the way: It is already known that ginger can help you lose weight. But the great tuber has many other health benefits. For example, ginger helps against bad breath and nausea!
Would you like to exchange ideas about diet and nutrition? Then take a look at our BRIGITTE Community!
Video tip: This is how good ginger is for your health