Techland clearly not done with Dying Light 2 Stay Humanincluding a new one roadmap until the end of the year has recently aired, and will be supported for at least another 5 good years. However, this does not mean that the bulk of the studio’s workforce will turn their thumbs and it is therefore obvious that the next project is already in the pipeline. It is all the more so since it has just been announced, at least in its very broad lines. And, no, it’s not a Dying Light 3 !
Don’t worry, even if the zombies won’t be in the game this time, the next game Techland will still be a Action RPG in an open world qualified as AAA, but this time it will take place in a fantastic universe. And there will be a lot of people to work on it, especially from another well-known Polish studio: CD Project Red. The development has obviously already started for a while in parallel with that of Dying Light 2 and will accelerate, since the team seeks to expand and recruits. If you have the required skills, it happens here.
The new license team includes industry veterans, including:
- Karolina Stachyra – Narrative Director who previously worked for CD Projekt Red on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its DLCs;
- Arkadiusz Borowik – Narrative Lead who previously worked for CD Projekt Red on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its DLCs.
In addition, over the past few months, the team has been strengthened by the arrivals of:
- Bartosz Ochman – Open World Director, who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Mario Maltezos – Experienced creative director, he has worked with companies like Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros (Mad Max) and Microsoft.
- David McClure – Lead Game Designer previously associated with Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver and Playground Games.
- Kevin Quaid – Lead Animator with over 8 years of experience at Guerilla Games who has worked on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion The Frozen Wilds
- Marcin Surosz – Lead UI/UX Designer who has a remarkable ability to identify gamer needs, formerly of People Can Fly.
We will probably have to wait a few years before discovering this project in good and due form, but it already has enough to arouse our curiosity. Dying Light 2 Stay Human is always for sale on Amazon and is yet to release on Switch.