In-article:

Thomas Gottschalk: That’s what the show host says about the “Wetten, dass…?” deal

Thomas Gottschalk
That’s what the show master says about the “Wetten, dass ..?” deal

Thomas Gottschalk continues to sit on the “Wetten, dass…?” sofa.

© Andreas Rentz/Getty Images

“Bet that..?” with Thomas Gottschalk will also take place on ZDF in 2022 and 2023. Now the show master expresses himself for the first time.

At least two more episodes of “Wetten, dass..?” come with Thomas Gottschalk (71)! ZDF dropped this bombshell on Monday, reacting to the enormous audience response during and after the comeback show in November 2021. Another edition of the Saturday evening show will be produced in 2022 and 2023. Now Gottschalk himself spoke up in the “Bild” newspaper: “It’s up to the fee payers to decide what’s on public television. And they want ‘Wetten, dass..?’ So let’s do it.”

He likes to do it once a year as an event show, Gottschalk continues. He is happy about ZDF’s decision. The audience’s approval of the comeback certainly helped. “I wasn’t quite sure if the old magic still worked,” says Gottschalk about his doubts. But it worked. Gottschalk addressed the following message to the “few critics who grumbled that it was yesterday’s television”: “That was intentional – and I cannot and do not want to pretend that I am the man for tomorrow.”

This is how inventor Frank Elstner thinks about the news

Show inventor Frank Elstner (79) also spoke up: “I am very happy about ZDF’s decision that the great success of ‘Wetten, dass..?’ going into series production last year.” Everyone would have experienced how much Gottschalk was in top form on this show and was in his element. He himself no longer wants to take part in the new shows: “I did that last time and it should stay that way. I don’t want to repeat myself.”

SpotOnNews

source site-31