TotalEnergies invests in gas in Australia

(AOF) – TotalEnergies (+ 1.95% to 58.12 euros) shows one of the strongest increases in the CAC 40 after the French group and Inpex signed an agreement with PTTEP (Thai exploration and production company oil). The agreement concerns the acquisition of the 100% interest held by PTTEP in the AC-RL7 license in Australia. Under the terms of this agreement, which remains subject to the approval of the competent authorities, TotalEnergies will acquire a 26% stake, corresponding to its share in Ichthys LNG, while Inpex will acquire the remaining 74% and assume the role of operator. .

The permit covers an area of ​​418 square kilometers located in the Timor Sea, approximately 250 kilometers northeast of Ichthys’ offshore facilities.

This permit includes the Cash and Maple condensate gas fields, discovered respectively in 2002 and 1989 and then assessed by several other wells.

It is expected that the development of these fields will contribute to the long-term supply of the natural gas (LNG) liquefaction plant of Ichthys LNG, of which TotalEnergies is a 26% partner, Inpex and other shareholders. minority Asians holding the remaining 74%.

“This acquisition builds on the efforts undertaken with INPEX within the Bonaparte CCS Assessment joint venture to assess the geological CO2 storage potential of the area, in order to reduce CO2 emissions from the Ichthys LNG project,” said Julien. Pouget, TotalEnergies Exploration-Production Director for Asia-Pacific.

© 2023 Agence Option Finance (AOF) – All rights reserved by AOF. AOF collects its data from the sources it considers the most reliable. However, the reader remains solely responsible for their interpretation and for the use of the information made available to them. Thus the reader must hold AOF and its contributors harmless from any claim resulting from this use. Agence Option Finance (AOF) is a brand of the Option Finance group

Did you like this article ? Share it with your friends with the buttons below.





Source link -85