A man risks penile amputation after spending hours having uninterrupted sex.
A 50-year-old German tourist vacationing with his wife in Italy is likely to remember his vacation for a very long time. According to the newspaper La Repubblica, the fifty-year-old had to go through the Grosseto hospital in Tuscany after having reaches the limits of his body following a marathon… sexual. As the Italian daily explains, the man and his wife both used ecstasy to do chemsex, which consists of taking various drugs and having sex. Once under the influence of MDMA, the couple slept together for 24 hours. Only the German tourist ended up victim of septic shock which resulted in necrosis of his penis and scrotum.
A catastrophic scenario that transformed the vacation of this couple of tourists into a real nightmare. The 50-year-old man was indeed hospitalized in early May following septic shock and ended up in intensive care and placed in a coma. The Italian daily also points out that in more than one possible impossibility of having an erection in the future, the man risks ending up with the amputated penis. Serious consequences which once again underline the dangers of chemsex.
A dangerous immune response
Indeed according to Newsweek, MDMA can impact the immune system making it less effective, which increases the risk of infections. But if the 50-year-old man had chained sex for 24 hours, it may have caused abrasions to his penis and possible infections. Then follows a response of the weakened immune system to try to repel the infection, a response which can lead to septic shock. As a reminder, to date there is no scientific evidence that taking drugs improves or makes sexual performance last longer.