- Arda Kardeşler actually only wanted to start the city derby between Besiktas and Fenerbahçe Istanbul with a coin toss.
- However, when choosing the seat, the referee used a coin with the logos of the cryptocurrencies Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- The Turkish Football Association (TFF) is now investigating the 34-year-old.
- In a statement, they said they “resolutely oppose the action.” There was no agreement with the association in advance.
- What consequences the referee now faces remains to be seen. Bitcoin or Ethereum brought no advantage to the clubs. The game ended in a draw (1:1).
You want to buy Dogecoin (DOGE)?
This is possible via eToro, among other things. eToro offers investors, from beginners to experts, a comprehensive crypto trading experience on a powerful yet easy-to-use platform.