A fire occurred this Wednesday, February 8 in Normandy because of a mattress. A man and a teenage girl had to be evacuated to the emergency room.
Unlike this train accident which claimed the life of a young girl, the story ended well in Normandy this week. This weekend, a terrible fire killed 7 children and a mother in Charly-sur-Marne in the Aisne. Monday February 6, a fire could have been used to make up a murder in Meauzac, near Montauban. And this Wednesday, February 8, we learn in West France thata mattress caught fire. But the outcome this time was not fatal for those involved in the accident.
At around 2 a.m., a 33-year-old man and a 14-year-old girl were “slightly bothered by the fumes”. More fear than harm therefore for these inhabitants of housing rue du Vieux-Fumichon in Baudre, a town located in the Channel near Saint-Lô, in Normandy.
The fire of which they were victims is said to have started not from an electrical appliance which had short-circuited, from a badly extinguished cigarette or from embers coming from a chimney, but just a mattress installed in a room of the detached house.
What’s next after this ad
A fire that could have ended badly
However, the fire was put out before help arrived. Twenty firefighters came the barracks of Canisy, Saint-Lô and Torigny to help them. They had taken with them ten machines and were accompanied by SAMU 50 to operate on the disaster.
Firefighters have ventilated the house to evacuate annoying and toxic fumes. As for the two victims, they were all the same transported to the hospital emergency room to be checked by medical personnel and ensure their good health.
The man and the teenage girl have only been bothered by smoke, it seems. A story that could have ended badly but ultimately remained under control.