Contributions are temporarily disabled in this live stream.
- Russia “is today the most direct threat to the world order with the barbaric war against Ukraine, and its disturbing pact with China”said on Thursday the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyentraveling to Japan.
- This Thursday, the UN Human Rights Council approved by a very large majority the opening of an investigation into the atrocities blamed on the Russian occupation troops. The resolution calls for the UN’s international commission on Ukraine to carry out a ” investigation “ on the serious human rights violations committed in the Kyiv, Chernihiv, Kharkiv and Sumy regions at the end of February and March 2022, “to hold those responsible to account”. More than six million Ukrainians have fled their country since the start of the invasion by the Russian army on February 24, reported the High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva.
- A 21-year-old Russian soldier will stand trial for a war crime in Ukraine, in the first trial on this charge in the country since its invasion by Russia. The soldier is accused of having killed with a Kalashnikov in the street a 62-year-old civilian who was unarmed.
- The UNITED STATES accused the Russian army on Thursday of having transferred “by force” in Russia ” several thousands “ of Ukrainians since the start of the war at the end of February, often passing through “filtration camps” where they are processed “brutal”. Kyiv put forward the number of 1.2 million people deported by Moscow to Russia.
- The President and Prime Minister of the Finland said they were in favor of membership on Thursday ” without delay “ to NATO, a huge step towards a candidacy to be formalized on Sunday.
- The governor of the Russian region of Belgorodneighboring Ukraine, in southwestern Russia, said Wednesday, citing a report from the regional health ministry, that bombings from Ukraine had killed one person and injured six.
- The Ukrainian Chief of Staff clarified on Wednesday evening that the Russians were continuing their operations in theeast of the countryin particular towards Slobojanske and Donetsk, but not towards Kharkiv near which the locality of Pytomnyk “has been released” by Ukrainian fighters.
- The Ukrainian region of Khersonthe only major city over which Moscow has claimed total control in two and a half months of war, will ask to be annexed by Russia, one of its pro-Russian officials said on Wednesday.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. In a Ukrainian village occupied by the Russians, the unspeakable burning of rape
Decryptions. Washington’s aid to Ukraine: the American military industry fears overheating
Narrative. In front of French students, Volodymyr Zelensky greets “energy” ukrainian youth
Decryptions. The inventiveness of the kyiv army against Russian firepower
Narrative. Switzerland lags behind in tracking down assets of Russian oligarchs
Decryptions. Invasion of Ukraine in maps: the evolution of the fights week by week
Narrative. How the Kremlin made schools, from early grades to university, a ground for indoctrination
Call for testimonials. Mariupol: did you know or visit the city before the war in Ukraine? tell us
Find our live yesterday on this link.