- Grasshopper Club Zurich and FC Sion split 4:4 in an entertaining game in the 10th round of the Super League at Letzigrund.
- After just 8 minutes, the record champions were 2-0 up thanks to goals from Tsiy Ndenge and Guilherme Schettine.
- FC Sion equalizes the game thanks to three goals between the 75th and 84th minute after being 4-1 down.
- In the second game of the evening, the Bernese Young Boys meet FC St. Gallen in Wankdorf – from 8:30 p.m. live on SRF Zwei and in the stream.
After 69 minutes, Hayao Kawabe made the supposed decision in the Letzigrund. The Japanese scored after a solo to make it 4-1 for GC. But after the goal, Sion turned on. Thanks to Luca Zuffi, Mario Balotelli and Giovanni Sio, the guests went from 1: 4 to 4: 4 within just 9 minutes:
- 75 minutes: Zuffi enjoys too much freedom in the GC penalty area and throws a volley. GC keeper Justin Hammel remains without a chance to defend himself.
- 82 minutes: Balotelli is also criminally left alone. A shot by the Italian is decisively deflected by Bendeguz Bolla. Second goal of the season for Balotelli.
- 84 minutes: There is actually still the compensation. A corner kick flies through the GC sixteen, the Hoppers’ defense loses sight of Sio and the striker equalizes from a few meters.
So Sion managed to get an unexpected point later on after the Sittenern had failed to start the game properly. After just 8 minutes, the Valais were already two lengths behind – two free kicks ensured the early GC lead.
First Tsiy Ndenge hit directly from around 20 meters – he curled the ball into the corner with his left. Heinz Lindner could only watch how the ball hit (5th). And only 3 minutes later the Sion goalkeeper was beaten again. A free kick from Dominik Schmid flew through the penalty area for a long time before Guilherme Schettine scored the second GC goal from close range.
Bolla reacts to Stojilkovic hits
Sion then scored the 1-2 goal through Filip Stojilkovic (34 ‘), but only two minutes later Bolla restored the old lead for GC. The Hungarian full-back took aim from outside the penalty area and defeated Lindner for the third time that evening.
The lead for GC was deserved – the Grasshoppers were the better team for long stretches. But thanks to the Sion jokers – Zuffi, Balotelli and Sio were all substituted on – the record champions lost three points that they thought were safe.
Tarashaj ends career
The five-time Swiss national player Shani Tarashaj has announced the end of his career. The 27-year-old last played in the U21 team at FC Zurich. The striker had his most successful time with Grasshoppers before moving to Everton in the Premier League in 2016.
Here’s how to proceed
GC meets FC Winterthur next Saturday in the canton derby on the Schützenwiese (live on SRF from 8:30 p.m.). FC Sion welcomes FC Luzern at 6:00 p.m. on the same day.
SRF two, sportlive, October 8th, 2022, 8:10 p.m.; sat
Most Read Articles