News about the royals in the GALA ticker: Duchess Catherine mourns the murdered British woman +++ Prince Harry is criticized for his words in the documentary +++ Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip loved the chaos.
News about the royals in the GALA ticker
September 24, 2021
Duchess Catherine mourns the dead teacher
Sabina Nessa wanted to meet a friend on the evening of September 17th, 2021. But the 28-year-old never arrived: the following afternoon, a walker found the young teacher’s body in a park between her apartment and the pub. On September 23, a man was arrested on suspicion of murder, according to the London police. The case brings back memories of the murder of Sarah Everard around six months ago.
A tragic event about which Duchess Catherine, 40, now speaks publicly. An absolute rarity, Kate usually does not speak up with personal messages on Twitter. “I am sad about the loss of another innocent young woman on our streets. My thoughts go with Sabina’s family and friends as well as with everyone who is affected by this tragic event. C”, wrote the Duchess, setting an important example.
According to the BBC documentary: Prince Harry is criticized by the audience
Prince Harry, 37, now had to take sharp criticism from viewers of the documentary “Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers”. He received no mercy on social media. He has been labeled “insincere” and “hypocritical”. For many it does not go together that he spoke so lovingly about Queen Elizabeth, 95, and Prince Philip, † 99, as “the most adorable couple” and did everything in the spring to defame the royal family.
The audience: Inside it is difficult to believe Harry’s words after he positioned himself so clearly against his family in the interview with Oprah Winfrey, 67. One user wrote, “I know they had to involve Harry, but it felt weird after he devastated them on prime-time TV.” Another Twitter user writes: “Why was Harry even there when he was so disrespectful to his grandfather?” Others write that they could never forgive Harry for what he did to the royal family.
September 23, 2021
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip enjoyed mishaps, failures and chaos
A perfectly organized event, strict rules of conduct and meticulously timed processes: One would think that Queen Elizabeth, 95, sets high standards for her staff. But as both Prince William, 37, and Prince Harry, 37, reveal in the BBC One documentary “Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers”, the opposite seems to be the case. His grandmother and her husband Prince Philip, † 99, loved it when a royal event suddenly fell apart.
“My grandfather loved it when something went wrong,” explains William in the documentary that honors the life of the Prince Consort. While everyone around Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip tried to make everything go smoothly, the royal couple is said to have secretly hoped that chaos would break out. According to the monarch’s grandsons, the reason for this is that their entire lives resembled a strict set of rules. Such mishaps and mishaps were a welcome distraction from everyday life and made an event interesting for both of them. Prince Philip, who died on April 9, 2021, has always been famous for his black humor and directness. Qualities that apparently delighted and infectious his wife.
September 22, 2021
Prince Andrew has to break his silence – this should be his new tactic against Virginia Roberts Giuffre
A few weeks ago, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, 38, officially filed charges against Prince Andrew, 61. The allegations are: rape, sexual assault and sexual assault. The Royal is said to have met Virginia, who was then underage, through the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, † 66, and slept with her several times. So far, Prince Andrew has remained silent, withdrew after his scandalous TV interview and is said to have even refused to cooperate with the police in the Epstein case. Now anonymous sources report that the royal can no longer hide and the process is inevitable.
A very conscious step by his lawyer Andrew B. Brettler! This has now accepted the official complaint and thus started the process. The lawyer refused the letter last week on the grounds that the complaints were alleged not to have been properly served in the UK. Now the turn. Queen Elizabeth’s son, 95, now has 21 days to respond to Giuffre’s allegations. However, as the other side confirmed to the “Daily Mail”, they would accept a “reasonable extension of the deadline” from the royal. For the 61-year-old it’s now: defend! According to sources, Prince Andrew should now want to completely change his tactics and “appear combative”. He hopes the trial will refute Virginia Roberts’ allegations “point by point, allegation after allegation” and restore his reputation.
September 21, 2021
Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan show their true colors with Melissa McCarthy
US actress Melissa McCarthy, 51, will probably never forget this moment with Prince Harry, 37, and Duchess Meghan, 40. When the “Gilmore Girls” star shot together with the royals for Meghan’s “40 x 40” campaign, she experienced a magical moment between the couple. “I could see that he was coming in while we were talking and she said ‘Oh hello’ and her face started to glow. It was so cute and real,” enthused the American on the British talk show “Lorraine” about the unexpected observation .
Meghan had Melissa ask for support for that Campaign video on the reintegration of women into the world of work asked, which was published on the website of their “Archewell” foundation, punctually for the 40th birthday of the daughter-in-law of Prince Charles, 72, on August 4, 2021. Prince Harry also makes a small but funny appearance in the clip. The royal can be seen juggling in the background through a window of the couple’s office in the garden, while the two women hold a virtual tea party about the Duchess’s project.
McCarthy remembers the moment Harry showed up on the set and asked her, “Is it weird when I juggle?” To which the actress replied, “Yeah, it sure is.” The suggestion with his cameo in the garden area came from Melissa, she says. “I love everyone who does something weird, so I thought, ‘I’ll take off my hat’.”
Will Princess Beatrice honor a royal with her daughter’s name?
It is the sensation in the British royal family: Princess Beatrice, 33, and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 38, have been able to hold their little daughter in their arms since Saturday, September 18, 2021. As the palace announced, the Royal’s first baby was born weighing just under 2.8 kilograms. So far there is no photo of the new offspring; and the name of the 11th in line to the throne is still a secret. With the bookmakers: inside, however, there is already a special favorite.
It is believed that the princess and her noble husband as well as Prince Harry, 37, and Duchess Meghan, 40, have chosen a name that pays homage to one or more important people in their lives. Sarah, the name of Beatrice’s mother Sarah Ferguson, 62, is the favorite. However, Edoardo’s Italian family is also included in the betting. Edoardo’s mother is named Nicola. The fact that the 33-year-old honors her grandmother Queen Elizabeth, 95, from whom she even had one of her evening dresses changed to her wedding dress, is not considered due to the birth of Harry’s daughter Lilibet Diana.
The British use short, concise names for this: Anna is second among the favorites, followed by Maria and Rosa. These would be a clear break with the traditional names of the royal house, but would include the Italian roots of Mapelli Mozzi. The announcement of the name is expected to happen via Buckingham Palace, as Princess Beatrice does not have a social media account herself.
September 20, 2021
Duchess Camilla almost postponed her wedding to Prince Charles
Prince Charles, 72, and Duchess Camilla, 74, waited a long time before they finally tied the knot in 2005 and celebrated their love in a small ceremony. At the time, the two had officially been together for six years, but their love story dates back well into the 1970s. Due to her dramatic history around Princess Diana, † 36, and out of consideration for the two sons Prince William, 39, and Prince Harry, 37, Prince Charles is said to have waited to ask Camilla the question of all questions. But on the said wedding day, April 9, 2005, the civil ceremony almost fell through.
Marital happiness on the second attempt
As a friend of the royal couple reveals to “Vanity Fair”, the Duchess suffered from a severe sinus infection at the time. “She literally couldn’t get out of bed,” said Lucia Santa Cruz. The wedding is said to have been possible only thanks to Camilla’s sister Annabel Eliot, 72. Eliot spent the night before the wedding with the bride at Clarence House. When the illness of the then 57-year-old threatened to ruin the wedding, Annabel Eliot is said to have picked up her sister and helped her with styling and dressing. “I’ll do it for you. I’ll dress you up,” says the 72-year-old from “Hello!” quoted. With success! Because despite the sinus infection, Duchess Camilla beamed at Prince Charles’s side that day.
Royal news from the past few weeks
Did you miss any news? You can read last week’s Royal News here.
Sources used: hellomagazine.com, mirror.co.uk, itv.com, twitter.com, dailymail.co.uk