FCK with a bitter blow in the neck: Hertha BSC turns high-risk game into a shooting festival

FCK with a bitter blow to the neck
Hertha BSC turns high-risk games into a shooting festival

The start of the 29th matchday of the 2nd Bundesliga is explosive: the duel between Hertha BSC and Hansa Rostock ensures a high police presence. Everything stays quiet on the pitch because the hosts are too deliberate. Cup finalist 1. FC Kaiserslautern suffered a very late blow.

Hertha BSC – Hansa Rostock 4:0 (2:0)

Hertha BSC has stopped Hansa Rostock’s upward trend in the 2nd Bundesliga and massively exacerbated Kogge’s relegation worries. The Berliners defeated Hansa 4-0 (2-0) at the start of the 29th matchday and temporarily reduced the gap to the promotion relegation place to five points. Rostock, which won three of the previous four games, currently occupies the final non-relegation spot.

Coach’s son Palko Dardai (18th, 59th), Fabian Reese (31st, hand penalty) and striker Haris Tabakovic (86th) scored in the well-filled Olympic Stadium, which was also visited by around 20,000 Hansa fans. Because of the hostile relationship and the history between the two fan camps, the game was classified as a high-security game. According to a police spokesman, the situation in front of the stadium remained mostly calm. But even before kick-off, the Rostock team set off smoke bombs and firecrackers. Thick clouds of smoke delayed kick-off by several minutes.

Hertha was practically playing for a goal before the break, and coach Pal Dardai’s team rewarded themselves with a well-deserved half-time lead. His son Palko’s first goal after a nice combination and a measured cross from Marten Winkler was worth seeing. This duo also collected points with their third goal – and stifled the burgeoning efforts of the guests, who, as expected, risked more after the break.

Greuther Fürth – 1. FC Kaiserslautern 2:1 (0:1)

DFB Cup finalist 1. FC Kaiserslautern has suffered a bitter setback and is stuck deep in the table cellar. The team of experienced coach Friedhelm Funkel lost 1:2 (1:0) to the weak SpVgg Greuther Fürth, gave up a lead and missed their first success in the league in four weeks.

Ragnar Ache (18th) put FCK in the lead after great preparatory work from Marlon Ritter. But Fürth, who had improved greatly after the break, hit back with a brace from Robert Wagner (54th, 90th + 5). In addition, Julian Niehues’ apparently serious knee injury dampened the mood among the Palatinate team. The FCK is in 17th place with 29 points. The Fürth team, who improved after a weak first half, are in midfield with 42 points.

In a disjointed game, Ritter provided the only highlight in the first half. He stopped the ball artistically with his heel and crossed into the middle, where Ache pushed the ball over the line. The rescue operation by Fürth goalkeeper Jonas Urbig came too late.

Only after the break did the Fürth team under coach Alexander Zorniger play forward courageously and decisively. FCK goalkeeper Robin Himmelmann had no chance to equalize, but then he saved his team from falling behind several times. Himmelmann made strong saves against substitute Tim Lemperle and Fürth’s offensive player Branimir Hrgota, among others. Only shortly before the end he was powerless against Wagner.

source site-59