In-article:

How to Subscribe to Netflix’s “Essential Ads” Subscription


Netflix now allows French men and women to subscribe to a cheaper subscription, but with advertising. If you want to try it, it’s very simple.

The starting signal is given. Netflix’s “Essential with advertising” subscription is now available in France, from November 3, 2022 at 5 p.m. This is an additional package, which comes before the standard package at 8.99 euros per month.

This new pricing is aptly named: it is a classic subscription video on demand (SVOD) experience, except that Netflix adds pieces of advertising. In exchange for these pieces of advertising, the firm lowers the subscription to 5.99 euros per month, or three euros less than the cheapest price.

The advertisement will appear in two different ways:

  • Videos before content: between 15 and 30 seconds of video advertising at the launch of a series or a film,
  • In-content video ads : between 15 and 30 seconds of video advertising in the middle of a program, at a rate of approximately 4 to 5 minutes of advertising per hour which is relatively substantial.

Note that this subscription gives access to nearly 85% of the content available on Netflix in the usual way – the remaining 15% concerns productions for which Netflix leases the broadcasting rights, and which were negotiated at the time when there was no was no ads on the platform. They cannot therefore, for the moment, be offered to those who take out a subscription with advertising.

How do I subscribe to Netflix Essential with advertising?

If you are subscribed to Netflix without ads and want to stay that way, you have absolutely nothing to do: no one will force you to have advertising between your content.

On the other hand, if you want to pay less for your subscription and accept advertising, the procedure is simple.

The 4th package on Netflix // Source: Screenshot of November 3, 2022

If you are not subscribed to Netflix

If this is the first time you’ve created a Netflix account, nothing could be simpler:

You will be able to put several profiles on your account, but the subscription only allows one simultaneous screen.

As often with Netflix, it is possible to easily go back, or change the package if, in the end, it does not suit you.

If you are already subscribed or subscribed to Netflix

If you are the owner of the account you want to modify, just go to the options.

  • Click on your profile, top left;
  • Go to “Account”;
  • On the “Plan details” line, click on “change plan”;
  • Select the new plan, then press “Continue” to validate it.

You will keep all your preferences and your history.

In contrast, if you have a secondary profile on a relative’s accountyou can go through the option ” transfer a profile which is located just above “Account”. You will be able to recover all your settings and history, without having to start from scratch.

Source: Numerama editing



Source link -100