how to use modes like on iOS
With its new Samsung UI One 5.0, the Korean manufacturer offers new features including modes, clearly inspired by iOS. In the same menu, we find the routines. Very practical tools on a daily basis and quite very easy to set up once you have consulted this tutorial: “How to use the modes and routines of Samsung UI 5.0? »
Samsung now offers two tools to automate the use of its Galaxy, from the S23 Ultra to the more modest A51. With the new version of its One UI 5.0 interface, the Korean currently offers programmable and customizable modes and routines.
The difference between the two ? THE routines are similar to IFTTT commands that activate when a series of predefined criteria are met. They are reserved for fans of the Automation.
THE fashions, they are closer to those offered by iOS and engage manually or following one or more specific actions. A vision that will seem simpler and more natural to many users. That’s why we’ll start with them.
How to use Samsung One UI 5 modes?
Meet in the Settings of your smartphone under UI 5 and press the line Modes and Routines.
On the Modes page, select Adding a mode at the bottom of the page.
- You will start creating your mode by naming it and assigning it an icon and a color to better identify it.
- The summary page for your Mode will then appear on the screen. Tap in the area Automatic activation to determine the trigger event.
- It can be the opening of an app, the connection to a device, a given period in a specific place. It’s up to you to determine what feels most natural to you.
- For example, let’s imagine that we want to measure our performance, listen to our favorite playlist and above all not be disturbed during our daily jog in the Jardin des Tuileries.
- For this, we choose as triggers the opening of the Samsung Health app, then the daily period from 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and finally the geolocation, the Tuileries garden.
- After validating theAutomatic activationwe can activate the function Do not disturb and only allow certain apps including Samsung Health and Spotify.
- Finally, tap Change settings to automatically launch Spotify and automatically adjust the volume to your habits.
- Validate and you return to the page of your personal mode. At the very bottom, you can go through the Control Smart Things section to connect to your Samsung Bluetooth headset, for example by automatically activating the audio transparency mode.
To push the customization further, you also have the option of changing the wallpaper depending on the mode activated. This allows you to remember at a glance which mode you are in.
How to use basic modes of Samsung One UI 5?
You can now imagine your own modes and if you lack inspiration, good news, Samsung offers a series of preset modes, which you can use immediately or which can serve as inspiration for those you may create.
- Meet in the Settings of your smartphone under UI 5 and press the line Modes and Routines.
- Check that you are on the tab Fashions and in this case the five modes predefined by Samsung are displayed on the screen.
- For each of these modes, you will be able to decide the trigger event or if you only want to activate it manually. We take as an example the Relax Mode. That we are going to engage so as not to be disturbed when we arrive at a gym.
- Then we can then automatically activate the function Do not disturb and even refine the Calls and messageswithout forgetting the App Notifications who will be able to pass despite the mode Do not disturb asset. Then we can set the Sound and Volume Mode, or even activate the battery power saving.
We advise you to explore them to fully understand their mechanics and then create your own.
How to use Samsung One UI 5 Routines?
Now let’s move on to routines. In One UI 5, Routines are getting a slight facelift and are no longer tied to Bixby. They are now grouped together in Settings of your mobile and their implementation does not change anything.
We therefore find the algorithmic basis based on “If” one or more conditions are met -> “Then” an action is triggered.
Here’s how to create routines in One UI 5:
- Again, go to the Settings of your smartphone under UI 5 and press the line Modes and Routines.
- Select tab Routines at the bottom of the page (by default, you land on the Modes tab) and to add a routine, press the ” + at the top right of the page.
- The page that is displayed has two sections, the conditions ” Whether “and those of the resulting actions” SO“.
- Tap a line WHETHER and the list of 28 available conditions is then displayed. You can add as many conditions as you want, we stopped at ten.
- For our example, we program a routine that alerts me when the editor of Frandroid tries to contact me when I play a video game. So the two conditions are you are playingAnd Incoming call , and for the latter we specify the contact that will trigger the alert. THESO here is a unique vibration and light alarm.
- If you lack inspiration, you can consult the library of routines by tapping the compass icon to the right of the “ +“.
They are already ready to use and will surely give you ideas for adapting your Galaxy to your daily use.
How to automate the creation of routines and modes of Samsung One UI 5?
Out of predefined modes and routines, you don’t see why creating custom ones or running out of ideas? So let Samsung do it by activating the personalization service. The latter will analyze your daily uses and will regularly offer you routines and modes, when it identifies repeated uses after the launch of an app for example or when you arrive in a usual place for you.
- Go to the page Modes and Routine s and access theSettings Modes and Routinesby pressing the icon displaying three small vertical dots at the top right.
- At the very bottom of the page you have a sectionPersonalization service. Select there to activate it.
- If you haven’t already, you will need to create a Samsung account.
- Enjoy being on the pageParameters Modes and Routinesto refine the display. Indeed, here you can activate theShowing Patterns and Routines on Apps ScreenAndShow routines on the lock screen.
You now have all the elements to create, manage your routines and Samsung modes. Do not hesitate to think outside the box. Surely there are practical uses unique to you that deserve automation.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS app. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.