Last-minute penalty in Nuremberg: HSV stops a winless series with a thumping victory

Last minute penalty in Nuremberg
HSV stops a winless series with a thumping victory

After three games without a win, Hamburger SV finally wins again in the fight for promotion to the 2nd Bundesliga – and clearly. At the other end of the table, Eintracht Braunschweig collects important points, while at 1. FC Nürnberg things get heated in the final minutes.

Hamburger SV – Hannover 96 6: 1 (2: 0)

Hamburger SV remains in the race for direct promotion to the Bundesliga. After three games without a win, the Hanseatic League won the northern derby against Hannover 96 6-1 (2-0) on matchday 27 and moved up to second place for at least eight hours, two points behind leaders Darmstadt 98 (on Sunday against SC Paderborn). . However, 1. FC Heidenheim can relegate HSV back to relegation rank in the evening by beating FC St. Pauli.

Sonny Kittel (33rd) with his first goal of the season and Slovakia’s Laszlo Benes (41st) initiated the success before the break, which is important for Hamburg’s first division ambitions. In the meantime, Hannover came back through Derrick Köhn (52nd), but then Benes provided with his fifth goal of the season (61st, penalty kick according to video evidence), the scorer Robert Glatzel (65th), who scored for the 17th time, Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer ( 76th) and Ludovit Reis (87th) for the clear success of the hosts.

Hannover could not confirm its first win of the second half of the season a week ago (3:1 against SV Sandhausen) on the Elbe. With nine away games in a row without a win, the Lower Saxony bemoan their longest dry spell in foreign stadiums in more than 20 years. The team of HSV coach Tim Walter was clearly ahead at the change of sides only because of the consistent use of their best chances. Before the two goals, the hosts again lagged behind their high standards. The Hamburgers, where captain Sebastian Schonlau was back in the team after his yellow card suspension, acted too slowly and without ideas against the compact defending guests.

In the second round, the Walter-Elf initially lacked orientation after the connection of 96. A crossbar hit by Kittel (55th), however, got the hosts back on track. Luka Kranjc had fouled Moritz Heyer in the 96 penalty area before Benes scored the decisive penalty. After that, Hanover’s resistance was broken. As a result, Glatzel was able to end his jam after two games and further increase Königsdörffer and Reis.

1. FC Nuremberg – Karlsruher SC 1: 1 (0: 1)

1. FC Nuremberg fought hard for a point in the relegation battle. Kwadwo Duah (90+4) converted a penalty kick to make it 1-1 (0-1) against Karlsruher SC. The FCN is now five points behind the first relegation zone. Karlsruhe’s Marcel Franke saw the yellow-red card before the penalty kick for repeated foul play (90 + 4, according to video evidence). In the 86th minute, FCN celebrated Duah’s supposed equalizer, which was disallowed for offside.

Mikkel Kaufmann (26th) scored the opening goal for the guests and nine minutes later also had the chance to increase the result, but was stopped at the last moment. The Franconians avoided the second defeat in a row, but could only score three times in the last five games. The KSC ranks with 36 points in the middle of the table.

Nuremberg had trouble finding their way into the game. The FCN may still have been stuck in the DFB Cup game last Wednesday against Bundesliga club VfB Stuttgart (0:1). The KSC was able to free itself again and again with skilful tackling and good ball relays. Coach Dieter Hecking’s home side showed a lot of commitment and morale, but they were unable to gain control of the game for a long time.

The club only had the best opportunities just before the half-time break. Duah (41 ‘) had the 1:1 equalizer on the foot, but defender Christoph Kobald was still able to prevent the goal. In the 42nd minute, Karlsruhe’s Marvin Wanitzek had to clear the line. In the 53rd minute, a promising shot by Wanitzek was deflected on the other side and went wide.

Eintracht Braunschweig – 1. FC Kaiserslautern 1:0 (0:0)

Eintracht Braunschweig managed to break free in the relegation battle. Lower Saxony drew 1-0 (0-0) in the home game against 1. FC Kaiserslautern, with attacker Anthony Ujah (76th) scoring the redeeming goal. With 29 points, Braunschweig climbed to 13th place in the table and is three points ahead of relegation place 16. Eintracht have taken seven points from the last three games without defeat. The Red Devils from Betzenberg have been without a three for five games now.

In the early stages, Ujah was repeatedly the starting point for dangerous actions by the 1967 German champions. In the eighth minute, Ujah was no longer able to get the ball in the direction of the goal, three minutes later he did the preparatory work for Anton-Leander Donkor, who, however, scored the opposing goal just missed.

The game in front of 21,143 spectators was overshadowed by an apparently serious injury to Braunschweig playmaker Immanuel Pherai. The Dutchman was carried off in the 55th minute after Kaiserslautern defender Kevin Kraus hit him in the head with his shin.

The Palatinate had to wait until the 37th minute before the first good chance came about. Marlon Ritter forced Ron-Thorben Hoffmann to make a brilliant save with an 18-metre free-kick in the hosts’ goal. In the second half, Eintracht were optically superior, but were only able to create a few clear chances. Only Ujah redeemed the hosts with his goal.

source site-33