We love hairstyles with bangs! The pony frames our face wonderfully and conjures soft transitions. But before you know it, it blocks your view again! But that doesn't mean you have to run to the hairdresser all the time, because with these tips you can easily cut the bangs yourself:
Cutting bangs: systematic re-cutting
- So that the bangs don't get shorter than planned, the hair should combed, but not lying flat on the head. Best of all the pony with your fingers shake in "drop position" and pin the side parts with clamps.
- Then cut the hair hold loosely (!) a little away from your forehead between your index and middle fingers (the distance also protects the eyelashes from accidental trimming).
- Now use scissors to cut the pony at a slight angle from below, always just a few millimeters – like tiny pointed teeth. Check in the mirror again and again whether the length of the hair still fits: So that not too much hair is gone, you should look at the Orient the lower edge of the eyebrows.
- At the end you can still adjust individual outstanding hair tips.
If you want to cut a fringed pony yourself, first of all, just like a straight pony.
Then you bet small incisions every 0.5 centimeters into the pony line, so that fringes arise. Alternatively, you can also find special ones in drugstores Fringe or thinning scissorsthat are suitable for a stylish fringe bangs.
Special case: XXL pony
You know the back and forth. First it was there, the pony, then it should grow out, and now, halfway down, you want it back … With a little dexterity and cutting experience, you can cut the long pony to the right length again:
- Start from the highest point of the head and comb the ex and now XXL pony forward into the face.
- Then put the pages back.
- First shorten the divided section to the root of the nose. The pony is then fine-tuned.
Cut bangs: the right time
You should have your pony cut on the day of shampooing. However, do not start right afterwards, but only in the evening, for example. Best lie a couple of hours between shampooing and cutting. Only then does the hair fall naturally and the bangs can be cut well.
Cut bangs: It depends on the right scissors
"A very simple one is enough for the pony, and it starts at around € 20. It doesn't have to be professional scissors, because they cost at least four times as much," says Martin Max, hairdresser from Hamburg. "I would absolutely advise against experimenting with paper or household scissors. It pushes the hair in front of you when it is cut. The risk is that you cut more hair than you want and the result will be crooked and crooked."
Tips for the perfect pony
- A hairy point in the do-it-yourself pony cut are the harmonious transitions from the pony to the sides. Therefore cut not too far beyond the outer corners of the eye on your own. If the face is not sufficiently framed by the hair, the proportions appear "wrong" and wide faces, for example, appear even fuller.
- The sides of the pony should be a little longer: this creates a nice natural frame instead of a square shape.
- Don't cut your bangs when your hair is still wet. After drying, the hair pulls back a little and the pony line can get too short.
- Avoid a too compact bangs that end directly above the eyebrows – this can quickly give a childish impression.
- It is best to correct the length every few days instead of waiting for four weeks so that it is really worth it.
When should I have the bangs cut by the hairdresser?
If you don't have a pony yet, you should Have the first basic cut cut by an expert, because advice on proportions and hair texture is essential. "A deep forehead, for example, does not tolerate a pony with a side parting, and a pony with many curls does not look good at all," says Martin Max. Most good hairdressers offer their customers a free service to recut the pony – just in case you don't trust the scissors yourself.
Are you interested in more tips about hair and hairstyles? You can find out how to cut your hair yourself here. We also have tips for cutting tips and dyeing hair naturally.
If you want to share with others about topics related to beauty and hairstyles, then have a look at our BRIGITTE community.