TotalEnergies: buyback of shares in a permit in Australia – 08/21/2023 at 09:18

( – TotalEnergies announces that it has signed, jointly with INPEX, an agreement relating to the acquisition of the 100% interest held by PTTEP in the AC-RL7 license in Australia, an agreement which remains subject to the approval of competent authorities.

Covering 418 km² in the Timor Sea, the AC-RL7 permit includes the Cash and Maple condensate gas fields, the development of which should contribute to the long-term supply of the Ichthys natural gas liquefaction plant. LNG.

Under the terms of the agreement, the French oil and gas group will acquire a 26% stake in this permit, corresponding to its share in Ichthys LNG, while INPEX will acquire the remaining 74% and assume the role of operator.

Source link -86