The best recipe
Making vegan pancakes is easy. We’ll show you the best recipe without egg and milk and explain how to make the perfect pancake.
Vegan pancakes: ingredients for 12 pieces
- 400 g of flour
- 450 ml of oat milk
- 300 ml mineral water (with sparkling water)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 vial of liquid vanilla flavor
- Margarine or vegetable oil for frying
Prepare vegan pancakes
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl, then add the oat milk, water, salt and vanilla flavor. Mix the ingredients with a mixer or whisk to a homogeneous mass, it should no more lumps of flour being.
- The batter for the vegan pancakes 30 minutes in the refrigerator so that it can swell.
- Then vegetable margarine or oil (e.g. coconut oil) in a coated pan heat. Swirl the pan briefly so that the fat is distributed all over the pan.
- Now put some batter into the pan and spread it with a spoon to make the vegan pancake equally thick in all places is.
- Bake over medium heat until the underside has a brownish color. This usually takes time 8 to 10 minutes. Only then carefully turn the pancake with a spatula and fry the other side until golden brown.
Variation: Vegan apple pancakes
Pieces of apple that you can bake in the pancake ensure a very special taste. To do this, peel an apple, remove the core and cut off thin slices. You then put them on the pancake immediately, as soon as you have put the batter in the pan. To prevent the apples from turning brown, you can sprinkle them with a little lemon juice.
The perfect topping for vegan pancakes
When it comes to the topping (or the filling, if you roll up the pancakes later), you have a free choice. Should it be sweet or savory? The classics are of course suitable for a sweet variant Cinnamon and sugar, but also applesauce, berries or chocolate cream (They are also available vegan). Agave syrup is a vegan alternative to honey – or you can use maple syrup. If you prefer it hearty, you can try the pancakes, for example with vegan cheese or mushrooms occupy. There are no limitations to your imagination!
You can find more vegan recipes with us, for example for vegan pancakes, vegan Bolognese or vegan lasagna.